|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Upset with Bass Pro mail order

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 11:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please allow me to vent a bit.

I ordered from Bass Pro recently when they advertised "2 Day Free Shipping". What I got was standard 1 week shipping. They said 'Oops, we messed up. Sux to be you huh?' (ok I may have misquoted, but that was the gist of it.)

I would normally chalk it up to a mistake, but this has happened before with that bunch + also recently happened to me with a different company. So beware this Bait and Switch that seems to be getting more commonplace.

tnscoutr

Memphis, TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/19 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Watch the wording. Amazon defines 2 day shipping as reaching you within 2 days after it is shipped, not that it will be shipped within 2 days.

06 Ford F250 Lariat Crewcab Powerstroke
2015 Keystone Hideout 30RKDS

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tnscoutr wrote:

Watch the wording. Amazon defines 2 day shipping as reaching you within 2 days after it is shipped, not that it will be shipped within 2 days.
Exactly. And those will be 2 working days, not including weekends or holidays. So you could order it on Thursday, it could take two (working days) to get the order assembled, that would put the order finished on Monday, so it would be shipped on Tuesday, and you would get it two days later on Thursday.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 01:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Agree completely. That isn't what happened to me tho. BP replied to me that they made a mistake and it should have been 2 business days (including Saturday) to receive it. I have ordered this exact same thing from them before with 2 day results. It took 8 this time.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/19 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice that they owned up to the problem at least.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/19 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why do you automatically it's bait and switch? Sounds like it was an honest mistake. When you ship thousands of orders daily one may slip through the cracks.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Why do you automatically it's bait and switch? Sounds like it was an honest mistake. When you ship thousands of orders daily one may slip through the cracks.

It was done via computer. Sure, it could have been a mistake but it would have been applied to anyone else that ordered at/near the same time. And in case you missed my original post, they have done it to me before.
Also, again, another large company (Chewy.com) has recently done the same thing claiming an error (again, computer order). My point of this thread (other than a gripe) is for you all to Watch Out for this. Its happened to me 3 times in the last 6 months from different companies (and I don't order all that much).

Once: prob honest mistake. Overlook (which I did)
Twice: call them on it and see what happens (fool me once....fool me twice...). Warn others.
Thrice:.....that isn't going to happen.

oh, eta: Chewy stepped up and offered a small discount on my next order. Which I took advantage of. It directly compensated me almost exactly for my 'loss'. THATS what standup companies do. Not say "Tough Luck Sucka".

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amazon has ben moving to a one day shipping for Prime members. My last 2 orders (very different things) have gotten to me the next day. Pretty amazing.

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 10:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, it happens at times and will continue out of the millions of shipped orders from thousands of companies; and hardly a 'bait and switch'. It also happens with the postal service. So, moving on.... [emoticon]

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/19 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Something to watch out for when ordering online and they are offering free shipping is to make sure you have clicked on the right shipping button. I know it sounds obvious but sometimes it defaults to the NOT free shipping button. I've had this happen on a number of sites.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Upset with Bass Pro mail order
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS