|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Amazon Prime and Alexa

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sheesh tinfoil hat club this morning.

I did not know the Echo Dot had a camera, where is it located?

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2017 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.4 HEMI, 4.10 / Auto

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have sort of created your own mess by sharing an account vs. paying for your own.
My best advice is to start fresh with your own account. Yes your data may be lost but that data belongs to the original account owner.

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Wow, so many haters. There are just too many folks afraid of a technology they don't understand.
I believe you can disconnect the accounts as mentioned above. You can also deregister the device from your account (or your husband"s or son's). You can also separate your accounts as being shared Prime accounts but each of you would have to pay the annual Prime fee instead of you both being on the same account.

Hallelujah....Not unlike the "Smart TV" thread where big brother is watching and recording everything you do LOL. It might make sense to read the documentation when buying things and learn how to change default settings, usually found under the privacy tab. I have never seen anything be it a smart TV, a voice controlled anything, a PC, Smartphone, Google, or anything else, where one could not disable/restrict such options etc. You just have to be smarter than the device and take the time to research it out. Most do not make it easy, but those settings are there.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Most do not make it easy, but those settings are there."

Now whether they actually do what you want them to do is another question entirely.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

"Most do not make it easy, but those settings are there."

Now whether they actually do what you want them to do is another question entirely.

That's why you also need

[image]

I'd also worry about these, as they scan your brainpan when you drive under for financial and other personal information using the Bernoulli effect of photosynthesized antimatter.

[image]

bayoubelle

Amite, LA

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If the Amazon folks find listening in to my household interesting they lives are truly sad.

Former 5ver owner
Upgrading to a Class C

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Wow, so many haters. There are just too many folks afraid of a technology they don't understand.
I believe you can disconnect the accounts as mentioned above. You can also deregister the device from your account (or your husband"s or son's). You can also separate your accounts as being shared Prime accounts but each of you would have to pay the annual Prime fee instead of you both being on the same account.

Not at all afraid of technology but concerned about people listening that shouldn't be.

I don't even have Amazon Prime. Cannot see paying a fee for expedited shipping. If I want / need something now, I go to a brick and mortar store and buy it.

People need to start being more patient and waiting for a product to arrive. Not one of those need it now people, I plan ahead.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GordonThree wrote:

Sheesh tinfoil hat club this morning.

I did not know the Echo Dot had a camera, where is it located?

Reynolds Wrap is best, it's quilted.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/19 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Alexa?

Alexa?

ALEXA!

"Defend your existential being!"

"I've gained 10 pounds because I can play dead in my recliner for hours on end."

Here's a do-it-yourself project where a guy has taken a small refrigerator and equipped it for automatic beer tossing. Constructed for "several hundred dollars," John Cornwell's Beer-Launching Fridge consists of three limit switches, a 10-beer-holding magazine that looks like it came out of a soft drink machine along with a few other assorted parts, and it's all controlled by a keyless entry system.

The result? It'll toss a beer to you 13 feet away, and it's perfectly accurate every time. Even though that beer might have developed quite a head on it by the time it reaches your hands, it's still one clever piece of machinery. Bravo.

What? It even sends an emergency signal to your cardiologist if you don't move for three days?

skyhammer

NW CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/19 02:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Not at all afraid of technology but concerned about people listening that shouldn't be.

I don't even have Amazon Prime. Cannot see paying a fee for expedited shipping. If I want / need something now, I go to a brick and mortar store and buy it.

People need to start being more patient and waiting for a product to arrive. Not one of those need it now people, I plan ahead.

Amazon Prime is not just about faster shipping. Prime more than pays for itself with free shipping alone.It doesn't take long to get your money back from shipping costs alone. Add in all the other prime features such as steaming TV, books, music etc., Prime is a bargain.
Of course if you like to pay more to get less, Prime is not for you.

2011 Host Everest, 11.5',triple slide.
2011 F-350,DRW,CC,LWB,4X4,6.7

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Amazon Prime and Alexa
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS