|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> I-69 in Michigan

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
garysol

Kalamazoo Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/19 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is there a hiway in worse condition anywhere? I have never been so beat up by a rough hiway in my life. Towing my TT from Flint through Lansing to Marshall Mi it felt like my spine was going to come through my head. How in the world did we let our hiway system get in such disrepair.....

2018 Kodiak Ultimate 288BHSL
2017 Ram 2500 6.4
2016 Heritage Glen 263RL (sold)
2012 Komfort 3530 (sold)
2008 Keystone Sprinter (DOA)
014 Ram 3500 6.7 (sold)

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 02:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garysol wrote:

Is there a hiway in worse condition anywhere? I have never been so beat up by a rough hiway in my life. Towing my TT from Flint through Lansing to Marshall Mi it felt like my spine was going to come through my head. How in the world did we let our hiway system get in such disrepair.....

It has been like that ever sense they “fixed” it years ago.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Need to ask Snyder about that. Better yet, let Whitless impose her 47 cent gas tax where the revenue will go primarily to other stuff rather than roads to fix them.

The secondary roads are much better. As a rule I don't drive on 69. 94 or 127.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from General RVing

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOMC (Detroit area) used to put out parody songs
Potholes in the street (To the tune of Dancing in the street)

I got a copy on CD. (They burned it for me) I took it in and gave it to the MDOT project engineers. they copied it and adopted it a the MDOT theme song.

What can I say

For years we have been paying more and more tax "To fix the roads" and.. Well you said it.. And we are not the only ones.

I"ve traveled a lot of the eastern US and no I-69 is not the worst by a long shot. I've also traveled I-69 from Indy to Port huron. They worked on it last year east of Flint.. Sections are downright nice now.. I drive it every 2 weeks.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michigan has higher fuel taxes than most of the surrounding states. But, what really frosts me is coming back into the state from the south on I-75...

There is the "Welcome to Michigan" sign and "BAM" there is the worst road you have seen in several hundred miles....

Some welcome - huh?

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Trekkar

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The trucking industry caused 99% of road damage, but they only pay 35% of maintenance costs. Data from the Congressional Budget Office.
Until they pick up the slack, there is no way that additional taxes on fuel will make up the difference. It's estimated that (1) fully loaded 18-wheeler does the same damage as 9600 cars.

2001 RoadTrek 190

ZINGERLITE

Union Lake

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Trekkar wrote:

The trucking industry caused 99% of road damage, but they only pay 35% of maintenance costs. Data from the Congressional Budget Office.
Until they pick up the slack, there is no way that additional taxes on fuel will make up the difference. It's estimated that (1) fully loaded 18-wheeler does the same damage as 9600 cars.

I can't remember the last time i saw an open weigh station. Who's regulating what they haul?

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ZINGERLITE wrote:

Trekkar wrote:

I can't remember the last time i saw an open weigh station. Who's regulating what they haul?

Moot point. If those figures are correct just tax them 2/3 more. But keep in mind they will not be the ones paying it, you will every time you purchase something. And it will still be spent on protecting habitat for the Hairy Chested Nutscratcher instead of the roads.

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unfortunately I have to come up to Flushing/Davison in July. There is no good side road to take as an alternate either or I would do that. I guess I will make sure things are battened down and tires are inflated properly and go slow. I know 85-90 is a common speed for people there, glad I moved out.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> I-69 in Michigan
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS