|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Recommendations for 30 -32 ft 5th wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
sele

illinois

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 09:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just bought a coachmen Chaparral Lite the model is 285 rls in is in the mid profile range. We have been looking for a couple of years and finally found the layout we like. Take a look, ours is well built and easily pulled by our F150 although it is the 3.5 Eco boost with the max tow haul package. I would say if you already have a camper, take the time to find what you guys want.

scott

RollandB

Albany, Or

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

I like the looks of the Grand Design but I don't know about the frames and running gear, maybe someone can enlighten me.

To me the most important things are stuff you don't see. Wiring plumbing, frames, axles along with the fit and finish.

Completely agree, was looking at GD before purchasing our Arctic Fox 27-5L near,y 4 years ago. No comparison when comparing the frame and many components they are made from. Never had a regret.

2005 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab Long Box, Duramax/Allison, B&W Companion, TST507's

2016 Artic Fox 27-5L

CaddyJellyby

New York

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the same quest. I'm very unhappy with the build quality of our 2013 Jayco bunkhouse fifth wheel. Nice layout, lousy execution. We are ready for a shorter, more nimble fifth wheel with multiple slides and a seriously good build. It doesn't need to look like a house, but it needs to be built to last. We are willing to pay for it. I don't follow the news in the RV world much. Is anybody making something like that?

Addy15

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been happy with our Winnebago Minnie Plus 27RLTS. 29'6" long.

ksbowman

Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 04:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We got a 2016 GD 303rls about a year ago and could not be happier. No trouble at all and we really like the layout. Head and shoulders above our Keystone Outback Sydney Ed.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CaddyJellyby wrote:

We have the same quest. I'm very unhappy with the build quality of our 2013 Jayco bunkhouse fifth wheel. Nice layout, lousy execution. We are ready for a shorter, more nimble fifth wheel with multiple slides and a seriously good build. It doesn't need to look like a house, but it needs to be built to last. We are willing to pay for it. I don't follow the news in the RV world much. Is anybody making something like that?
New Horizon if you have very deep pockets.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 05:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RollandB wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

I like the looks of the Grand Design but I don't know about the frames and running gear, maybe someone can enlighten me.

To me the most important things are stuff you don't see. Wiring plumbing, frames, axles along with the fit and finish.

Completely agree, was looking at GD before purchasing our Arctic Fox 27-5L near,y 4 years ago. No comparison when comparing the frame and many components they are made from. Never had a regret.
I like the 27-5L floor plan a lot.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Recommendations for 30 -32 ft 5th wheel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS