RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: DTV nightmare.. Timmac around?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> DTV nightmare.. Timmac around?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 04:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the call out 2oldman :

Streaming TV does not require special boxes and cards and calling people in other countries, you just go to walmart and buy a Roko box and hook it up with your internet a away you go.

Also no monthly billing if you don't want to pay for certain channels and when you want to buy certain channels its all done thru the internet with no talking with people and no long term contracts..

Satellite/cable TV is old school...

[emoticon]

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CA Traveler wrote:

Both DTV and Dish are losing customers. For me for now there is no reasonable alternative while traveling.

And perhaps the speculation posts about a DTV and Dish merger will become reality.

You can use the cable at RV parks, use your antenna, buy some DVD's and use internet when you can..

Between all 4 there is no need to pay $75 a month for junk channels that you don't want..

Elon is making internet global real soon..

[emoticon]

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 04:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

..buy a Roko box and hook it up with your internet a away you go.
I'm going to investigate that. I have blazing internet at the house, just the phone for the RV which I don't think is going to cut it. I have my service and my locals set up just the way I like it and I do not want any of it touched.

I had a DTV receiver for the house and RV, without the fuss of having 2 accounts, which has worked just fine for years. Then I made the silly mistake of deactivating the other receiver, which essentially blew it off the map, and I'm not a good enough liar to get it reactivated. Even after being a loyal customer for over 20 years. Gimme a break.

Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

Rumors I'm hearing is that AT&T is trying to transistion everyone to land-line (Wire or fiber) and kill off DTV.. they sure seem to be doing that.

That's because they see the satellite TV customers cutting the cord everyday by the thousands..

Internet is the new better way and cheaper per month than cable/satellite..

Like I said before 95 percent of young folks under 30 don't want or pay for cable/satellite TV and millions above 30 are seeing the light and cutting the cord daily..

20 months and counting..

[emoticon]

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Big Katuna wrote:

Switching to DISH eliminated all that heartache.

If you have a RV account you can reauthorize and change locals from their app on a smartphone.

This is only true if you setup your account as a mobile account. Those with home accounts, who move the receiver between the house and the RV, will not have that option.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

timmac wrote:

..buy a Roko box and hook it up with your internet a away you go.
I'm going to investigate that. I have blazing internet at the house, just the phone for the RV which I don't think is going to cut it. I have my service and my locals set up just the way I like it and I do not want any of it touched.

I had a DTV receiver for the house and RV, without the fuss of having 2 accounts, which has worked just fine for years. Then I made the silly mistake of deactivating the other receiver, which essentially blew it off the map, and I'm not a good enough liar to get it reactivated. Even after being a loyal customer for over 20 years. Gimme a break.

Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

If you have internet at home than you have access to thousands of channel right now at zero cost and almost no commercials..

Do not get the Roko stick, get the Roko 3 box, the stick does not get all the channels and has a hard time receiving internet, I like the Roko 3 boxes, they work just fine and cost under $100 and No Monthly Fees...

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK, you spoke the name timmac 3 times and now he is back to haunt us all with his "satellite TV is dead" mantra. Oy vey!

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 04:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

OK, you spoke the name timmac 3 times and now he is back to haunt us all with his "satellite TV is dead" mantra. Oy vey!

You going to have to change your name in 2 years "Bill Satellite"..[emoticon]

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

You going to have to change your name in 2 years "Bill Satellite"..[emoticon]

More like 5-10 but then you already know that!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> DTV nightmare.. Timmac around?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS