RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: DTV nightmare.. Timmac around?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> DTV nightmare.. Timmac around?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
CA Traveler

The Western States

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From another thread...
CA Traveler wrote:

Confirmed. Disconnected coax cable on my HR44, powered up and no recordings were available. Waited 60 minutes periodically trying various key combinations etc, Nothing, nada, zip. Reconnected coax and in 2 minutes live TV and all recordings available.

This is a disappointing DTV new problem.

Pirate wrote:

This issue happened before. Unable to access recordings on DVR unless hooked up to antenna.

Anyone else notice? This is a new problem.

I recall a fellow RV'er spent quite a bit of time fixing this issue last time it happened.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 02:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm trying Roku right now. Problem 1: The picture won't format to my screen properly.

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

I'm trying Roku right now. Problem 1: The picture won't format to my screen properly.

That's strange I have never seen that before, have setup many Roku box's over the years and never a issue..

Maybe your doing something wrong, do you have it plugged into the HDMI port and have the TV set on the right port ?

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

do you have it plugged into the HDMI port and have the TV set on the right port ?
yes, yes

Pirate- my recordings play just fine sans antenna. One thing weird, if you go into the aiming screens and end up in the download advanced guide, there's no way out of it save a reboot. And to that's 7 minutes of your life you'll never get back.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

timmac wrote:

do you have it plugged into the HDMI port and have the TV set on the right port ?
yes, yes

Pirate- my recordings play just fine sans antenna. One thing weird, if you go into the aiming screens and end up in the download advanced guide, there's no way out of it save a reboot. And to that's 7 minutes of your life you'll never get back.

Do they play fine without the antenna AND after a loss of power?

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Do they play fine without the antenna AND after a loss of power?
Yes, my receiver is without power for the duration of the towing between campsites. And that's what happened yesterday.

Not just turned off, unplugged.

Pirate

Northeast Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Just tested again. Lower antenna, turn off receiver. Turn receiver back on, no access to all recordings. Hr-44 Software ox11b2 Fri 5/10, 317a

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is the nature of 'no access'? Does the receiver stop all activity when it can't find swm?

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/19 05:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

Do not get the Roko stick, get the Roko 3 box, the stick does not get all the channels and has a hard time receiving internet, I like the Roko 3 boxes, they work just fine and cost under $100 and No Monthly Fees...

timmac wrote:

With streaming you don't need to record, all programs are always there ready to watch at anytime, that is what makes streaming so much better over satellite..

Smart TV's are OK but the Roku box offers many more channels and many are FREE...

https://www.roku.com/
I'm interested in this as well, and my recent (bad) experience with xfinity where I renegotiated my service - having to buy more packages to watch the shows I want (Mountain Men) and the fact that every night on my down time, I'm scrolling through the channel guide seeing nothing interesting.

It seems that you have to know what you want to watch and then go find it. We have Amazon Prime and NetFlix, and scroll through hundreds of movies, often finding nothing of interest. Sure there is lots of content, but I'm not one to watch the same movie over and over.

So I browsed their site and do not see the Roko 3 box. I do have a 4K TV and see that their top of the line box is the ROKU Ultra for 100 bucks. I have the fastest xfinity internet speed and currently have no streaming issues.

Other questions are how long do I have to wait for a new movie release to be available? Also, I'm sure I could take it with me camping and get internet via my work phone hot spot.

Any other costs involved? Thanks for the info - kind of lit the fire under my butt to cut the cord.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/19 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

timmac wrote:

Do not get the Roko stick, get the Roko 3 box, the stick does not get all the channels and has a hard time receiving internet, I like the Roko 3 boxes, they work just fine and cost under $100 and No Monthly Fees...

timmac wrote:

With streaming you don't need to record, all programs are always there ready to watch at anytime, that is what makes streaming so much better over satellite..

Smart TV's are OK but the Roku box offers many more channels and many are FREE...

https://www.roku.com/
I'm interested in this as well, and my recent (bad) experience with xfinity where I renegotiated my service - having to buy more packages to watch the shows I want (Mountain Men) and the fact that every night on my down time, I'm scrolling through the channel guide seeing nothing interesting.

It seems that you have to know what you want to watch and then go find it. We have Amazon Prime and NetFlix, and scroll through hundreds of movies, often finding nothing of interest. Sure there is lots of content, but I'm not one to watch the same movie over and over.

So I browsed their site and do not see the Roko 3 box. I do have a 4K TV and see that their top of the line box is the ROKU Ultra for 100 bucks. I have the fastest xfinity internet speed and currently have no streaming issues.

Other questions are how long do I have to wait for a new movie release to be available? Also, I'm sure I could take it with me camping and get internet via my work phone hot spot.

Any other costs involved? Thanks for the info - kind of lit the fire under my butt to cut the cord.

Well I have had my Roku boxes for a while back when they called it Roku 3, I now see they have changed there box names overtime, my mistake..

As to new release movies it depends on what channel you want to watch movies, there is so much content that I can not explain, Fandango has a channel on Roku that offers new release movies, I have not signed up on there channel yet, Amazon offers new release almost weekly.

Its not just movies that attracts me to streaming TV on Roku its the other hundreds of special channels you can watch, special channels just for boating, hunting, sports, Red Bull channel, documentary channels, news channels, over seas channels, YouTube, etc, etc...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> DTV nightmare.. Timmac around?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS