RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: How early is too early?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> How early is too early?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/19 07:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

Of course we should just forget about the folks that work the night shift, they should have no right to exist.
I worked shift work for 30 years. You learn to deal with it. Blackout curtains fan running to mask noise. Still doesn't mater when working shift if people start work at 6 or 8am.

I wonder how many people that complain about noise have ever worked outside in the heat or have empathy for those that do.

mike brez

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/19 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Suck it up. It will be a distant memory soon.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 05:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wal*Mart has pretty effective white noise machines for less than $20 that have multiple natural sounds that you can pick from.
Never buy one of the first houses in a neighborhood. They tend to build every other lot at first so it looks so grand. Then they plop one down right next door.
You need to get another RV so you can get away when you want to.

2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2007 Jayco 345bhs.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 06:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My own sister and BIL who is having a new house built next door to their home has had to put up with constant noise that she is not happy about as well.

Just remember when you had your new house built the noise probably inconvenienced other neighbors. While no one enjoys living in construction zone it sometimes is a necessity.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

Wal*Mart has pretty effective white noise machines for less than $20 that have multiple natural sounds that you can pick from.
Never buy one of the first houses in a neighborhood. They tend to build every other lot at first so it looks so grand. Then they plop one down right next door.
You need to get another RV so you can get away when you want to.

Not sure, but I think the reason for building here and skipping a lot building another is parking. Each hand working on the house must drive their own pickup to the job. I once had a job grading yards, paying a couple of trucks over a dollar a minute to haul dirt in. I had one white hat that would park in the way "I just need to..." After I decided he had wasted enough of my time I had a driver unload right behind his pickup, and told the truck to start on the yard down the street. About 3 times of running to get out of the way of the Bobcat he decided to wait for me to do my job. Later that day the owner on the company he worked for, and I was contracted to, was just starting to eat the donkey in my face, when the boy came over his radio to report the operator digging basements had pushed his pickup onto a pile of waste. Said "Guess I'm not the only one he gets in the way of, You want this work done before the rain, or do you want me to load my ship?"

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Worked rotating 12 hr shifts.....daytime activities were MY issue to resolve NOT those folks going about normal life.

AS for 'noise restrictions/limitations'...YES there are Gov Regs in place
Guideline...residential construction

In general:
Hours where construction equipment noise is prohibited (noise may still be unreasonable outside of these times):

8 pm - 7 am Monday to Friday
8 pm - 9 am Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/19 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Suck it up.

Didn't say I wasn't. Was just a curiosity question.

I wonder how many people that complain about noise have ever worked outside in the heat or have empathy for those that do.

Wasn't complaining. Again, just asking. I have BIG empathy for those who work in adverse weather conditions-I couldn't do it.

Someday a thread like this will be answered without the OP being criticized. I am just surprised by the number that said 6:00 was acceptable. Guess it's a bunch of early birds on here! I am a very light sleeper and some times I don't fall asleep until 2 or 3 a.m. which makes a 6 a.m. start very disruptive, especially if I don't need to get up. I DO get it especially in climates where the heat gets unbearable by 10 a.m. Ear plugs maybe?

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Lessmore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 02:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't recall for sure, but I think our city regs indicate work crews have to start after 8 am, no earlier and have to finish by 11 pm, no later. Mostly they;re finished by 5-6 pm anyways.

It can get very cold here...-30 or colder not unusual ...and very hot...90 above. I know in southern areas in the states 90 above isn't as hot as they get.

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/19 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Suck it up.

Didn't say I wasn't. Was just a curiosity question.

Wasn't complaining. Again, just asking. I have BIG empathy for those who work in adverse weather conditions-I couldn't do it.

Someday a thread like this will be answered without the OP being criticized. I am just surprised by the number that said 6:00 was acceptable. Guess it's a bunch of early birds on here! I am a very light sleeper and some times I don't fall asleep until 2 or 3 a.m. which makes a 6 a.m. start very disruptive, especially if I don't need to get up. I DO get it especially in climates where the heat gets unbearable by 10 a.m. Ear plugs maybe?
Did not mean to sound harsh. I'm a light sleeper as well. I'm a early bird for sure, year's of getting up at 4:45 to go to work for day shift. Been retired for a few years and still can't sleep in.

The best thing is to check your town ordinance for times. Other times people suggest may not be pertinent to your area.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Being at the far west side of a time zone has its benefits: there's a point where "too early" is also "too dark". We live on a big lake on a private street - one would think that noise early morning wouldn't be an issue - but you can't believe how much noise 50 Bass Boats can make at 6 AM when taking off for a tournament....LOL!!!! (Fortunately they are all fishing quietly within minutes; and I can sometimes fall back asleep again)

I'm another light sleeper who gets by with a sound-masking machine. And as a rule, most of our neighbors wait until 8 am or so before mowing/firing up the motorcycle, etc

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> How early is too early?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS