|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GM Colorado bent frame towing 2,100 lbs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

BillyBob Jim wrote:

Groover wrote:

The most disturbing thing to me is GM's excuses for not covering it. The tires and lack of trailer brakes were totally irrelevant. The tongue weight was a little high for the weight of the trailer but well withing range but well within range of what would be expected at maximum tow capacity.

The most disturbing thing to me, well not disturbing but hilarious actually, is this entire thread. All over some idiots Facebook post, where no one has any idea what the facts are.

Just like the countless accident reconstruction posts. But it is fun to speculate.

I would bet the inspector or rep from GM did not speculate, and probably provided the Facebook Knucklehead a copy. Funny how the guy did not post that up, but took the liberty to verbally state what the GM person said. Way more to this one than what was put up in his one sided drivel.

badercubed

Canandaigua, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/19 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't say enough how much "truck things" I can do with my Canyon, and I downsized from a F-250.

2019 Apex Nano 208BHS
2018 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE

Been camping for 36 of my 37 years!

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking at that frame design I question why there's a formed radius on the bottom side of the frame which appears to be the location of the fatigue.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Lessmore

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

The most disturbing thing to me is GM's excuses for not covering it. The tires and lack of trailer brakes were totally irrelevant. The tongue weight was a little high for the weight of the trailer but well withing range but well within range of what would be expected at maximum tow capacity.

Are you sure you know everything GM said.

kw/00

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/19 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From the pic it appears that this is a Zr2 because of the shocks. I don’t think he’s telling the entire story. He may have disconnected the trailer where he wanted to camp and did some trail riding with the truck which included a few jumps to test out that ZR2. It needs to be an insurance claim not a GM claim with bashing from the owner.

A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kw/00 wrote:

From the pic it appears that this is a Zr2 because of the shocks. I don’t think he’s telling the entire story. He may have disconnected the trailer where he wanted to camp and did some trail riding with the truck which included a few jumps to test out that ZR2. It needs to be an insurance claim not a GM claim with bashing from the owner.

Gotta be careful with that! A ZR2 is an off-road pkg. if the truck can’t handle what GM designed it to do they are liable.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

kw/00 wrote:

Gotta be careful with that! A ZR2 is an off-road pkg. if the truck can’t handle what GM designed it to do they are liable.

Where does some of this stuff come from on here? Liable for what?

Z71 is also an off road package. You get upgraded shocks, aggressive tires, skid plates and an emblem. It doesnt make them liable if you go out and run the Baja 500 LOL. Ford made a Nascar addition T-bird back in the 90's, they were not liable if someone tried to run Talladega.

This bonehead most likely went out in the desert and trashed his truck, probably with a group of buds and showing off, good for him. I hope his insurance also tells him to kiss off.

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:

[emoticon] Hi, my guess is that the driver hit a very hard bump causing the entire trailer to leave the ground; This put 2,100 lbs. directly on the hitch / receiver.

Please, do not reproduce.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

08 HR Navigator 45'
Sold 04 Dynasty after 14 great years.
How I tow.
Towing a Prius without a dolly
How I spend the winter.

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What can you expect from a company that does not know how to make paint adhere. All the time I see their trucks with hardly any paint left on the hoods. It does not inspire confidence.

Mike G.
--for now, using a cargo trailer for camping--
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... (Ecclesiastes 3)
Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 08:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Apparently not built Ford Tough

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GM Colorado bent frame towing 2,100 lbs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS