|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Paying for public campgrounds

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 04:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of you all worry way too much about the small stuff.

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 05:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting about paying by check. I've gotten to the point that I write at most 3 checks a year... this year so far I've written one (to the state government for some fee, of course!).

My bank has actually changed names... but the tellers say my checks are still good, basically forever, as long as the routing and account numbers on them are correct.

Considering how long it has taken me to catch up with the high tech society, I'm surprised now when I run into something that still requires something like a check.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cash. Mark the bills if you are worried that someone will claim you didnt pay. We've never had a problem.
I'd be uneasy about leaving a thief my name, address, and bank routing # with a check.

Trekkar

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

Carry cash and do not expect change.
A pay box was the norm for about 75 years.
A lot of resident managers are a pain in the butt. Those sites always cost more.
Forest Service and NPS campgrounds are out of date and do not accomodate RVers well at all.

RE: FS and NPS campgrounds: You're right, they aren't as accommodating to RV's. (Bless their hearts![emoticon])

These are the places I like to camp, and I use cash.

2001 RoadTrek 190

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/19 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most checks are "wash proof" these days. Take a check and try it.
I know because it was tried with one of ours, the bank didn't even start to process it. They just called us and we cleared it up and that was that.

Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Matt_Colie wrote:

I know because it was tried with one of ours, the bank didn't even start to process it. They just called us and we cleared it up and that was that.

Matt

Thanks for that valuable information confirming what I would expect the situation to be nowadays regarding good old checks.

I have enough other things to be paranoid about ... i.e. like possible failure of our Ford E450 motorhome's in-tank fuel pump out in the middle of nowhere looking for rocks where tow tucks won't/can't come - even if I can contact them via our satellite communications device!

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/19 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Matt_Colie wrote:

Matt

Thanks for that valuable information confirming what I would expect the situation to be nowadays regarding good old checks.

I have enough other things to be paranoid about ... i.e. like possible failure of our Ford E450 motorhome's in-tank fuel pump out in the middle of nowhere looking for rocks where tow tucks won't/can't come - even if I can contact them via our satellite communications device!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Paying for public campgrounds
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS