RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camping World RV Sales: Have I Made A Mistake.....

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Have I Made A Mistake.....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
jspencer241

Roanoke, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 11:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I'm 13 days into "ownership" of a new TT. I brought it home 4 days ago.
The ESP was purchased while processing the loan paperwork. 2 days later, I changed my mind. A voicemail with finance was not returned. 5 days later, during my first attempt to bring it home, I inquired about the cancellation with my salesman. Who said it would be taken care of...nothing. After an email to the manager yesterday and a follow up email today, I finally received a call from finance who would email me the form...crickets.
Is this a sign of things to come?
Should I just return the camper and cut my losses?

guidry

Texas Cajun

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 11:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I doubt you can return the TT; the bank owns it if you financed it. And, if you financed it, look at the fine print; you may get your money back for the service plan at the BACK end of the loan and not an immediate refund. (Ask how I know...)

Keep the pressure on and document all your'e doing because every day you don't cancel is more money in their pocket. Good luck

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 11:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You need to read the contract and follow what it says. Phone call to the salesman does nothing.

Or change your mind back and go camping. I agree the ESP is worthwhile to get cancelled if possible.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 12:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello jspencer241,

Thank you for your time and contacting Good Sam. I apologize you have not been contacted about the cancellation of the Extended Service Warranty you recently purchased. Please provide the location you purchased the unit at and your best contact number. I will follow up on this matter.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 02:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you signed a loan agreement with a bank, you're likely on the hook for the balance even if they were to take the camper back. I've seen so many people think they are off the hook only to find a couple years down the road they have a judgement against them because they failed to pay the loan back.

If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made them out of Steak and Cheese.

Life is a lot like a baseball pitch. Sometimes you get a fast ball down the middle of the plate and sometimes you get a curve ball in the dirt.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/19 02:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buying from CW, you may have made a mistake, but take heart, it's not a new one, many others have as well. Their fee's at purchase were unnecessary and about ($2800- $3300) 0n a tt. and the financing were geared toward keeping you locked in long term. Check your actual paperwork for the details. But there are ways out, pay the loan off early if possible. 10-12 years is way too long on a consumable vs a durable product. Learn what you love, vs what you personally view as a pain, and remember that for your next purchase, and yes, IF you end up loving the RV life, there will be another (hopefully much better purchase). And take pride in learning how to choose your next unit with a much more watchful eye.
This is a journey, you are only at the start with a first rv purchase. No different than any other major purchase, there are many nuances to become acquainted with, as well as nuances to your personal choices as to how to travel, Make them all fit YOU.

aguablanco

Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 04:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It almost certainly is a harbinger of the future if even 10% of the posts about CW are true. I am pretty sure the percentage is higher than that though. Keep in mind that you have a bank involved and they have likely already funded the loan so you are an owner until you sell. Nothing personal because I read all the time on these forums where people want to return the RV for a myriad of reasons. People have to realize that they didn't buy a pair of shoes and the fact is there is a signed contract somewhere. It takes all parties of a contract to void it, not just the buyer.
RichH

2017 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
4 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.

Lwiddis

Veterans’ Park, Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/25/19 04:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2, wandering.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/19 06:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Have I Made A Mistake.....
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS