|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Good Sam Roadside Assistance, that didn't assist

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
brinasmemaw

central Texas/Kenai Peninsula

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/19 06:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before anyone starts flaming me like many did the guy in a few posts above I will just say, I honestly don't care what any armchair quarterback thinks regarding this posting. I am simply putting it out there to make as many as I possibly can aware of how the service from Good Sam is. ROTTEN!!!
The alarm started sounding on our motor home so we pulled over on a the roadside (only place available) on a busy interstate. I called GSRA as soon as I found that the radiator hose was busted & it wasn't something I could fix on the roadside, even though I have all kinds of tools with me. We have now been sitting here for almost 6 hours waiting on a tow. The tow truck driver called us about 20 minutes ago to tell us he is still at least 45 minutes way, The rest of the story is, GS called this company to ask how much the tow would be & then sometime later finally called back to contract with them. Obviously GS wanted a cheaper tow bill but couldn't find anyone so they called this company back, meanwhile the tow company had another call come in so our wait time was significantly extended, to whatever length of time it is until the tow truck gets here. Rather than worry about the customer safety or satisfaction and take the company that could come right out at that time they dilly dallied around before determining they had to take this company's price. I could go on but all of this to say I will NEVER try GS again. This is their second fail at assisting us so that's it for me. I will tell everyone who has ears exactly what our satisfaction rating is for Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Meanwhile we will be right here on the side of the road, praying no one hits us.

Mac & Becky
Seeing North America one mile at a time
2006 42' Allegro Bus towing a 2011 Cadillac SRX

RoadsideGuy

Colorado

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/19 06:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to assist further if possible. Please send me a pm with your phone # if I can help.

Darren J White
Senior Director - Operations
Good Sam Roadside and TravelAssist

Lwiddis

Veterans’ Park, Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/19 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“I honestly don't care what any armchair quarterback thinks regarding this posting. I am simply putting it out there to make as many as I possibly can aware of how the service from Good Sam is.”

You’ll speak, giving your opinion and version of the facts, but no one else can discuss good GS service cuzz you don’t care. Then neither do I! It’s a discussion forum.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

guidry

Texas Cajun

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/19 03:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoadsideGuy wrote:

I would like to assist further if possible. Please send me a pm with your phone # if I can help.

Unless you have a time machine I’d say he’s done with Good Sam..

brinasmemaw

central Texas/Kenai Peninsula

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/19 02:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

You’ll speak, giving your opinion and version of the facts, but no one else can discuss good GS service cuzz you don’t care. Then neither do I! It’s a discussion forum.

You can speak freely about anything you care to other than the fact that for me, Good Sam failed & did so miserably. We ended up being on the side of the interstate highway for 11 hours waiting to be towed to a repair shop. THAT is not good customer service it doesn't matter how good anyone elses experience with Good Sam has been. That sir/ma'am is what I mean when I say I honestly don't care. Maybe your service has been superb however the flip side of that coin is mine has not so I don't want to be flamed because I told the other side of their service. Have a good day.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/19 06:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Good Sam Roadside Assistance, that didn't assist
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS