|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
yankeecamper

FUQUAY VARINA, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone ever failed a complaint to there manufacture for major problems they had and problems getting them fixed when they bought a new 5er using the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. If so how did you make out. You can PM me if you don't want to post it here.

Barb and Rich, Fuquay Varina, NC
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 Tradesmen Quad Cab
Dually 4x2
6.7Liter HO Cummings Turbo Diesel
2017 Bighorn traveler 39MB

Home Skillet

Pearland Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your rig may be covered under the Lemon law.

2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/19 08:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are RVs consumer products?

“CONSUMER PRODUCT.--The term ‘‘consumer product’’ means any article, or component part thereof, produced or distributed (i) for sale to a consumer for use in or around a permanent or temporary household or residence, a school, in recreation, or otherwise, or (ii) for the personal use, consumption or enjoyment of a consumer in or around a permanent or temporary household or residence, a school, in recreation, or otherwise; but such term does not include— (A) any article which is not customarily produced or distributed for sale to, or use or consumption by, or enjoyment of, a consumer,”

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

jkwilson

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/19 08:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How would Magnuson-Moss apply? It places rules and requirements on how warranties are written. Do you think your warranty violates it?

John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/19 05:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Home Skillet wrote:

Your rig may be covered under the Lemon law.

In most states the Lemon Law only pertains to motorized vehicles.

yankeecamper

FUQUAY VARINA, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jkwilson: How would Magnuson-Moss apply? It places rules and requirements on how warranties are written. Do you think your warranty violates it?

The way I understand the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act after reading it and talking to to some other people it works in place of the lemon law. It's a federal law that works in place of the lemon law for all states. If the dealer or manufacture fails to fix your problem after so many tries or your unit has been out of service for a length of time you can demand some kind of settlement. In most cases you will have to get a lawyer involved.
Just hoping I would find someone on here that knows more about it or has used it or what they have done to get major problems solved. I have had three Major problems with my 5er from purchase date 5/22/18 till now. It has been in the shop 5 times for more the 120 days so I have not even to enjoy it and I'm still fighting with the manufacture.

jkwilson

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yankeecamper wrote:

jkwilson: How would Magnuson-Moss apply? It places rules and requirements on how warranties are written. Do you think your warranty violates it?

The way I understand the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act after reading it and talking to to some other people it works in place of the lemon law. It's a federal law that works in place of the lemon law for all states. If the dealer or manufacture fails to fix your problem after so many tries or your unit has been out of service for a length of time you can demand some kind of settlement. In most cases you will have to get a lawyer involved.
Just hoping I would find someone on here that knows more about it or has used it or what they have done to get major problems solved. I have had three Major problems with my 5er from purchase date 5/22/18 till now. It has been in the shop 5 times for more the 120 days so I have not even to enjoy it and I'm still fighting with the manufacture.

That is not what it is at all. It doesn’t even require a company to provide a warranty. It just specifies how the warranty is written and how implied warranties are defined.

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/19 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you contacted the manufacturer about your problems? I have found lots of times the dealer is the real problem.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Typically the Magnuson Moss act is used as the basis of the claim when a buyer sues an RV manufacturer. An Example.

That said you better have a strong case and deep pockets.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has nothing to do with lemon laws, which generally only apply to motor vehicles.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS