RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Roadside Assistance: Roadside Assistance problem

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance problem

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Four Winds Guy

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 02:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Henleyd:

We are new members, joining Good Sam with the purchase of a used motorhome this month. On June 25, we used the roadside for a tire blowout. I'm hard of hearing, but my wife called for assistance and had a really hard time with the lady on the other line difficult to understand and hanging up. A policeman who happened to be present also tried to talk to her and also had trouble. After quite a while the lady finally understood the problem but couldn't find a tire changing service until we gave her the policeman's phone number for advice. It then took about an hour for assistance to arrive. In total, we were stuck in the heat on the roadside about 4 hours. Is this what we can expect if we have future events, or is there a process to get better service?

2008 Four Winds Five Thousand 31P made by Thor
Based near Indianapolis, IN

GSRoadsideAssistance

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 02:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Four Winds Guy,

I'm sorry to hear about your poor service. That is not what you should expect. Please send a private message with your member number and phone number so that I can follow-up with you directly.

Thanks,

David
Good Sam

newman fulltimer

louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 02:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 04:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

no ,some of the folks broke down on the side of the road wait much longer much much longer. next time before you buy a plan ask around . me I like coach net ,never bought GS because reading the post on there web site.scared me.

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Four Winds Guy wrote:

Is this what we can expect if we have future events, or is there a process to get better service?

You got better than average service from Good Sam. Most people wait much longer or are told there are no providers available. Do a search on here and you will see for yourself.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 05:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The good news is, since you signed up for GSRA this month, you will soon start getting renewal notices.

haste maker

alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/19 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for this info about Good Sam...since they have been asking me to renew my membership...problem is I don't have a membership to renew.

Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/19 05:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GSRoadsideAssistance wrote:

Hello Four Winds Guy,

I'm sorry to hear about your poor service. That is not what you should expect. Please send a private message with your member number and phone number so that I can follow-up with you directly.

Thanks,

David
Good Sam

Hello David,
Glad to hear You and and GS directly respond to GS members with Road side assistance issues. As a GS member for 30 years I am overall pleased with GS Road Side Assistance. BUT, I have had about 7 incidents that were communication issues with GS personal when calling good Sam for Road Side assistance. The good Sam staff personal answering the call 1. was rude and not pleasant to deal with 2. Gave me false information as to what specific services GS would provide 3. Did not understand the nature of my problem and did not resolve my problem. i.e. rear spring broke on trailer with 2 axles, tires came together and trailer could not be move, GS personal told be to use a rope to tie up the broken axle and drive to a service center for repairs or just to a RV shop and buy a new spring and install it on a Sunday. i.e. driving up I-5 in northern calif. my clutch quit working and I just pulled my 5th wheel and truck into a calif. Rest stop. Called GS RSA was told "GS told me they would NOT tow BOTH my 5TH WHEEL AND TRUCK, because they were not on I-5 and I would have to pay my own tow cost!!! " that is just the policy of GS RSA" I asked to speak to speak to her supervisor and was told he was not available but would call me back. I never got a call back. I paid the tow cost $854.. I called GS customer service the next day and was told me the GS lady was totally wrong and to fill out a complaint GS form for a total refund. I got the refund in 5 days. these are samples of my past issues.
BOTTOM LINE!!! Good Sam needs to re evauate and develop an all new training programs for all their
employees and constantly monitor and evaluate employee performanced.

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/19 08:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MarkTwain wrote:

Hello Four Winds Guy,

Thanks,

David
Good Sam

Hello David,
Glad to hear You and and GS directly respond to GS members with Road side assistance issues. As a GS member for 30 years I am overall pleased with GS Road Side Assistance. BUT, I have had about 7 incidents that were communication issues with GS personal when calling good Sam for Road Side assistance. The good Sam staff personal answering the call 1. was rude and not pleasant to deal with 2. Gave me false information as to what specific services GS would provide 3. Did not understand the nature of my problem and did not resolve my problem. i.e. rear spring broke on trailer with 2 axles, tires came together and trailer could not be move, GS personal told be to use a rope to tie up the broken axle and drive to a service center for repairs or just to a RV shop and buy a new spring and install it on a Sunday. i.e. driving up I-5 in northern calif. my clutch quit working and I just pulled my 5th wheel and truck into a calif. Rest stop. Called GS RSA was told "GS told me they would NOT tow BOTH my 5TH WHEEL AND TRUCK, because they were not on I-5 and I would have to pay my own tow cost!!! " that is just the policy of GS RSA" I asked to speak to speak to her supervisor and was told he was not available but would call me back. I never got a call back. I paid the tow cost $854.. I called GS customer service the next day and was told me the GS lady was totally wrong and to fill out a complaint GS form for a total refund. I got the refund in 5 days. these are samples of my past issues.
BOTTOM LINE!!! Good Sam needs to re evauate and develop an all new training programs for all their
employees and constantly monitor and evaluate employee performanced.

Great examples of Good Sam failings. The bottom line is Camping World, Good Sam, and now Gander Mountain is all about revenue generation with no regard on how it impacts the customer. Cheap, ill trained employees at the call center resulted in your experiences, but Good Sam would rather you have a bad experience than pay and train qualified employees at the call center.

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/19 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

MarkTwain wrote:

Hello Four Winds Guy,

Thanks,

David
Good Sam

Hello David,
employees and constantly monitor and evaluate employee performance.

Great examples of Good Sam failings. The bottom line is Camping World, Good Sam, and now Gander Mountain is all about revenue generation with no regard on how it impacts the customer. Cheap, ill trained employees at the call center resulted in your experiences, but Good Sam would rather you have a bad experience than pay and train qualified employees at the call center.

Who is Gander Mountain? What is the best approach,stragety plan of action that wil address these issue with Good Sam? Start a campain, plan to inform all RVers for the need for all RVers to cancel all their policies!!! What is it going to take to get Good Sam to correct and resolve all these issues??

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS