|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I hate dinettes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Sponsored By:
willald

GA

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/19 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wouldn't own an RV without a dinette.

I *like* having a table where we can all sit together and eat, play games, etc. Yes, its more fun to do that outside at a picnic table, but anyone that's camped for a while knows that the weather has a way of making that impossible or very uncomfortable sometimes.

And, that's not to mention the storage space underneath you give up if you don't have a dinette. And, the occasional extra sleeping space is nice, too.

Yes, the seat cushions on some dinettes can be not quite the most comfortable thing in the world. That is why you have to check these things out, BEFORE you buy an RV. If the dinette ain't comfortable, then find another model. Not all dinette cushions are uncomfortable.

If you don't like a dinette, look at units that have the free standing chair and tables. Several brands offer that as an option.

I'd say the RV industry is doing just fine, by offering a choice of a dinette or free standing chairs, table. That way we all can get something we are happy with, without shoving our wants, preferences down everyone else's throats that may prefer something else. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 07/17/19 10:13am by willald *

Will and Cheryl
2012 FR Georgetown 351DS on F53 (V10) Chassis
See it here

Powertour

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/19 05:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve found the seat cushion ‘stuffing’ in many dinettes, & much RV furniture in general, to be abysmal. Sometimes it’s not even foam but rather some fibrous material that squashes down in short order.

The good news is a lot of these cushions have zippers so you can replace the cushioning quite easily. We tossed out our junky OEM stuff by way of going to a local upholstery supply place & getting high quality foam. Night / day difference for $60 & 10 minutes of our time zipping in the new stuff.

2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

AJR

Close to Madison Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/19 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought one of those mats sold for people standing in one spot for a long time. It is maybe ½” thick closed cell foam.

Cut it to size and slipped it under the OEM cushion. Works for me.

2014 Leprechaun 290QB Chevy 6.0
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/19 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like our dinette! To each his own!

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Range Maggot Bob

Missouri

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/19 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I still haven't figured out if everybody is talking about a stand-alone dinette or the built-in three-sided thing. We have the stand-alone, but I really wish I had the booth type.

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/19 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Range Maggot Bob wrote:

I still haven't figured out if everybody is talking about a stand-alone dinette or the built-in three-sided thing. We have the stand-alone, but I really wish I had the booth type.

This is about built in dinettes whether two bench seats or the horseshoe shaped, and not the stand-alone which I interpret as even table and chairs dinette.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I hate dinettes
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS