|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric Lawnmowers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/19 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rightlaneonly wrote:

This a joke right?

Now that "we" know the answer, it's (maybe) one more thing to add to the "inventory" of essential and/or nice to have stuff !!

Soooo time to add it to the: "Handy hints, gadgets and gizmos" thread.

-or- link it in the....

Around the Campfire forum - (readers are bound to think it's a joke).

[emoticon]

gmckenzie

BC

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/19 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

I have bought some of the Ryobi 40-volt lawn tools which include a lawn mower, weed trimmer, leaf blower and 14 inch chainsaw. The mower has a 5 amp battery, and the chainsaw, weed trimmer and leaf blower have smaller 40v batteries that are less than 2 amp. All of the batteries will fit any of the tools. However the smaller amp batteries will not get much cutting out of the mower. I can trim for a very long time with the 5 amp battery in the weed trimmer.

I bought the mower to use for trimming to supplement a riding mower that I bought. I needed a new gas mower to cut 2 lawns with. Because I have severe arthritis in my knees, bone on bone with bone spurs and arthritis in my back I bought the riding mower. Since I was pleased with the other Ryobi tools I bought the 40v mower. I would say for the most part it worked well for my use cutting where the riding mower couldn't go and would probably be okay for a condo or townhouse because of the battery limitations. It should work fine mowing around a campsite and it also has a folding handle.

The weed trimmer is the Ryobi expand-it model and can use any of the gas powered trimmer attachments. I even installed a Pivot Trim cutting head to replace the small bump feed head. The Pivot Trim came with different left and right threaded bolts to attach to different trimmers. I needed a left hand thread that was shorter then the ones provided. I bought a spare red bump head knob and cut it apart to get the bolt out which was left-handed thread. It was a perfect fit. The Ryobi with my Pivot Trim mod works great. I wouldn't have any problem carrying the mower and trimmer with me camping if I thought that I would need them.

I've got all this but would never think of taking the camping. They are for home.

2015 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB Max Trailer
2010 Cougar 30RKS

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/19 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gmckenzie wrote:

mobeewan wrote:

I have bought some of the Ryobi 40-volt lawn tools which include a lawn mower, weed trimmer, leaf blower and 14 inch chainsaw. The mower has a 5 amp battery, and the chainsaw, weed trimmer and leaf blower have smaller 40v batteries that are less than 2 amp. All of the batteries will fit any of the tools. However the smaller amp batteries will not get much cutting out of the mower. I can trim for a very long time with the 5 amp battery in the weed trimmer.

I bought the mower to use for trimming to supplement a riding mower that I bought. I needed a new gas mower to cut 2 lawns with. Because I have severe arthritis in my knees, bone on bone with bone spurs and arthritis in my back I bought the riding mower. Since I was pleased with the other Ryobi tools I bought the 40v mower. I would say for the most part it worked well for my use cutting where the riding mower couldn't go and would probably be okay for a condo or townhouse because of the battery limitations. It should work fine mowing around a campsite and it also has a folding handle.

The weed trimmer is the Ryobi expand-it model and can use any of the gas powered trimmer attachments. I even installed a Pivot Trim cutting head to replace the small bump feed head. The Pivot Trim came with different left and right threaded bolts to attach to different trimmers. I needed a left hand thread that was shorter then the ones provided. I bought a spare red bump head knob and cut it apart to get the bolt out which was left-handed thread. It was a perfect fit. The Ryobi with my Pivot Trim mod works great. I wouldn't have any problem carrying the mower and trimmer with me camping if I thought that I would need them.

I've got all this but would never think of taking the camping. They are for home.

I have actually carried a gasoline lawn mower and a gasoline weed trimmer camping. It was on my first trip of the season to my father's property to hunt. I had not had enough time prior to my first hunting trip to go up before the start of season to cut and trim the driveway and the parking area and rake the area where the trailer was going to be parked. Not only are they for home they are also for wherever else you might need them.

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 07/04/19 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is what I like about the desert, no grass to mow just the darn tumble weeds, but only when it blows.

navegator

Darryl&Rita

Grande Prairie, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/19 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After spending the summer running an RV park, the last thing I want to see is any form of lawn equipment. Sometimes fun to watch somebody else, though.

***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric Lawnmowers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS