|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Decisions

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
lucy6194

Cape cod MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/19 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did to health reasons (husbands) have decided to sell the 5th wheel. Looking at class cs. Narrowed down to under 30 feet. Would prefer 27 or 28. Considering used. Looking at coachman leprechaun 260 d's or Thor Chateau 28z. Any recommendations,suggestions would be appreciated.

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/19 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Think about something. If you can;t maintain a 5 how are you going to maintain a Class C. No disrespect intended.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/19 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You my want to post this in the class c forum.

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/19 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MountainAir05 wrote:

Think about something. If you can;t maintain a 5 how are you going to maintain a Class C. No disrespect intended.

Maybe it about driving and towing, hitching up and setup

With a class C, it's more simple, less to do, and she can do some of the driving

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

FIRE UP

Lake Havasu City AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/19 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrWizard wrote:

MountainAir05 wrote:

Maybe it about driving and towing, hitching up and setup

With a class C, it's more simple, less to do, and she can do some of the driving

Well,
That's a possible answer but, without taking some sort of informal or formal survey, I'd say that about 98% of the folks that travel in either class C's or class A's, ALSO tow a toad. So, you'd still have some form of hook-up and disconnect, before and after a days traveling. The type of hookup and disconnect will of course, be a bit different.
A person or, couple can procure say, a 26'-28' class C and then get a small toad that takes literally a minute or two to hook up. Then, they have the versatility to bee-bop around after setting up camp. Maintenance is also a bit difference. Yep, a bit of engine, trans and drive train maintenance is gonna be present, for sure. But, it's not all that hard, especially with a C.
Scott

Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/19 12:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try renting a C. If hooking and unhooking are the issue with the 5er, I believe you need some coaching and stress reduction. Learned this years ago when I watched a guy who could hardly walk slowly and carefully hook up...refusing all help. No stress in that man!

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

Hondavalk

Toledo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/19 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good lord, she is asking "Any recommendations about Coachman Leprechaun 260 d's or Thor Chateau 28z".[emoticon] Sorry I can't help you but I would go with whatever floor plan fits your needs the best.

lucy6194

Cape cod MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/19 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks guys!! I can drive the 5th wheel have for years just can't back it up. I'm just looking for input as to which class c you'd suggest. Once again thanks for your help

10forty2

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/19 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lucy6194 wrote:

Thanks guys!! I can drive the 5th wheel have for years just can't back it up. I'm just looking for input as to which class c you'd suggest. Once again thanks for your help

Take a look at the newer Class C's that are built on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis. Winnebago Navion, and Holiday Rambler Prodigy are 2 that come to mind. There are others out there as well. We are seriously considering upgrading/downsizing to one of them.

1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/19 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am looking at smaller RVs myself and thinking also towards the future. I would look at a 24 ft class C with a full wall slide and no tow car. The Leprechon 240FS and the Chateau 24BL or 24 F would have a queen bed and enough room inside with the full wall slide. Maybe someone can comment that has a 24 ft with a full wall slide.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Decisions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS