|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Decisions

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 12:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Lucy,

Assuming your rig will be accommodating two adults and maybe a guest now and then, a B+ (no over-head sleeper) would be a wise choice. You give up a lot of storage, but you gain more in other ways.

As mag..... mentioned higher up, a used Phoenix Cruiser is a nice consideration, especially the ones made starting in 2004 as identified by having the integrated spare tire in back. If you like single beds, model 2551 and 2552 are nice choices but 2552 is near 28' long. If you must sleep together, consider models 2700 with walk-around double bed, or model 2350 or 2351 with rear corner double bed.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

Hi Lucy,

Assuming your rig will be accommodating two adults and maybe a guest now and then, a B+ (no over-head sleeper) would be a wise choice. You give up a lot of storage, but you gain more in other ways.

As mag..... mentioned higher up, a used Phoenix Cruiser is a nice consideration, especially the ones made starting in 2004 as identified by having the integrated spare tire in back. If you like single beds, model 2551 and 2552 are nice choices but 2552 is near 28' long. If you must sleep together, consider models 2700 with walk-around double bed, or model 2350 or 2351 with rear corner double bed.
Those look like nice MH's. I was looking at the 2351D with two slides and a queen bed. The only down side is it only has 27 gal of FW. Not good if you dry camp.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

Hi Lucy,

Those look like nice MH's. I was looking at the 2351D with two slides and a queen bed. The only down side is it only has 27 gal of FW. Not good if you dry camp.
Yikes....27 gallons of fresh water is way too little. Where did you get that number from? I can't find the specs on it.

Model 2351 with one slide out carries 45 gallons of fresh water, the tank is under the bed. Maybe the 2351D with the slide-out there shrinks the fresh water tank.

27 gallons (5 of them in the water heater) would not work at all for us. Our 2007 model 2350 carries 41 gallons total and it works well. We do exclusively boondock.

map40

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

10forty2 wrote:

lucy6194 wrote:

Thanks guys!! I can drive the 5th wheel have for years just can't back it up. I'm just looking for input as to which class c you'd suggest. Once again thanks for your help

Take a look at the newer Class C's that are built on the Mercedes Sprinter chassis. Winnebago Navion, and Holiday Rambler Prodigy are 2 that come to mind. There are others out there as well. We are seriously considering upgrading/downsizing to one of them.

They are great up until something needs fixing in the Mercedes part of it. At that point, it turns in a money pit and imposible to find where to service it.
I would go with the 28Z

Alfa SeeYa, 2015 Jayco XL31, 2015 Itasca XL31, 2012 CA 25, 2008 CA 28. RV with most millage: 312K miles on a V10
Life rocks when your home rolls

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

Gjac wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

Hi Lucy,

Yikes....27 gallons of fresh water is way too little. Where did you get that number from? I can't find the specs on it.

Model 2351 with one slide out carries 45 gallons of fresh water, the tank is under the bed. Maybe the 2351D with the slide-out there shrinks the fresh water tank.

27 gallons (5 of them in the water heater) would not work at all for us. Our 2007 model 2350 carries 41 gallons total and it works well. We do exclusively boondock.
Hi Ron, it is on their web site. The 2351D is a nice layout, lots of room with the two slides and the queen bed. Most of the 24 ft Class C's with the full wall slides seem to have more FW at least 40 gals. The 2100 and 2400 also only had 26 gals of FW. Even their 2910D and 2910T which are 31 ft only have 36 gals which surprised me.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

Gjac wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

Hi Lucy,

Hi Ron, it is on their web site. The 2351D is a nice layout, lots of room with the two slides and the queen bed. Most of the 24 ft Class C's with the full wall slides seem to have more FW at least 40 gals. The 2100 and 2400 also only had 26 gals of FW. Even their 2910D and 2910T which are 31 ft only have 36 gals which surprised me.
That is strange. Unlike the other models I click on, when I click on the 2351D floorplan, I don't get specs. I get a financing & credit feature. Oh well.

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ron.dittmer wrote:

Gjac wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

Gjac wrote:

ron.dittmer wrote:

Hi Lucy,

That is strange. Unlike the other models I click on, when I click on the 2351D floorplan, I don't get specs. I get a financing & credit feature. Oh well.
Their web site is not very user friendly you have to click on floor plans then Brochure on the left side, then brochure again in the middle under the picture of the PC, then scroll down until you see floor plans then specs.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes

> Decisions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS