|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Looking into a 2017 Grand Design

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jdb7566

minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a 2017 Reflecrion 307MKS and currently have a 2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL. The only issue I had with the Reflection were leaky axle seals, a known LCI issue and was fixed under warranty. The Solitude is a different story and rather than go into the gory details, I will say this, IMO, a manufacturer is only as good as the servicing dealers who represent them.

ZeeLet50

Alden, New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own a 2018 Grand design Reflection 303RLS and we love the layout. It has many nice features including large storage tanks,great storage areas and well laid out control center called (nautilus). This is where all your dump and water valves are. Like any manufacture they are some reported issues but Grand Design is very good at standing behind their product. I had some minor issues that were addressed by dealer under warranty visit. Had some loose hardware and TV reception issues.

2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS towed by a 2016 GMC 2500HD gas with Andersen hitch and B&W turnover ball mount.

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL. This model has been discontinued by Grand Design.

We love our 5th wheel. The only issues that we have had is the bathroom door latch needed realigned to latch and the Air Conditioner Freeze Sensor has become disconnected. Waiting on a replacement sensor from my dealer as we speak. Both of these I am able to address and no need to go to dealer.

We are very pleased with ours!

Dave

2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 10:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Newer Grand Design fifth wheels are effectively populating the campgrounds I go to. Apparently, a lot of people like them as they are not sitting at home. I find that many popular items represent good values. American purchasers are pretty savy.

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/19 04:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently had an issue with my 303RLS - it was out of warranty, so I contacted the VP of service - yes - he publishes his email address, and received an out of office reply. About 30 minutes later I got a phone call from a customer service rep - they tracked me down via the info in the email. He talked to me for about 30 minutes and answered all my questions, and gave me a reference number to give to the dealer service department in order to cover the cost of the parts and repairs, along with the correct part number to fix the issue, including instructions to the dealer as to how to correctly fix the problem.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

minnow

Upstate South Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/19 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Own a 2015 27RL. Long time member of the GD forum as well as several GD FB groups. IMO, GD has gotten to big, to fast and as a result, quality control has suffered. In general, the rigs being pumped out today are no where near the build quality of the early years. Additionally, customer support is hit and miss proposition as well. Some owners call and get 5 star treatment ehile others are left dangling in the wind.
Two years ago, I was convinced that our next RV would be nothing other than another GD product. Today, if I were looking, I would be comparing offerings from the competition as well. I don’t believe the GD units are built any better then those coming from other manufacturers.

4youngs1

Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/10/19 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a 2015 303RLS, and we are quite happy with the unit. We've towed over 26k miles, and have only experienced minor issues. Like the others have said, it appears the newer units are not as solid as ours. However, they dominate the campgrounds I visit.

mexmahon

wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/19 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the GD input, unfortunately we got caught flat footed and the rig we were looking at was sold the next day. However,we were able to get a little more educated on the 5ers. so, we keep looking.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Looking into a 2017 Grand Design
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS