|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram Sales Increasing

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 01:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What happened to the false sales that were reported but not sold. Somebody was sueing for this reason. Maybe old news or another fake news story???

chevman

chevman
2001 35 ft avalon alpenlite RK
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy
easyrider/reese airhitch
trailair center point suspension
JT Strong Arm Stabilizers
KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bought my 1st Ram in 2012. Always been a Ford guy. Bought my 2nd Ram in 2018.
1st Ram held up as good as my other trucks except for the diesel emissions ****. Body, interior and suspension all great. Switched to a gasser for ease of ownership. IMO they're all good trucks and each has their little issues. Rams had the best deal going so that's the route I went. Can't stand the local Ford dealer. The local Ram dealer has treated me great even after buying my 1st Ram out of town. That's also one of the reasons I stayed Ram.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spud1957 wrote:

How a positive post about Ram sales has turned into a sh*t show about which brand rusts less than others. Not surprised. [emoticon]

Some just can’t help themselves. People complain about moderators killing the forum. I tend to think it is more likely these types doing the damage.

spud1957

NB

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 03:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry barnhart wrote:

What happened to the false sales that were reported but not sold. Somebody was sueing for this reason. Maybe old news or another fake news story???

chevman

That story is over 3 years old.

https://www.autonews.com/article/2016011........se-fiat-chrysler-of-falsifying-u-s-sales

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spud1957 wrote:

larry barnhart wrote:

chevman

https://www.autonews.com/article/2016011........se-fiat-chrysler-of-falsifying-u-s-sales

Link

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

spud1957

NB

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

spud1957 wrote:

larry barnhart wrote:

chevman

Link

Fish, the link is to a recent story linked to the investigation back in 2016.

Nothng new to see here.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/19 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerboy wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

midnightsadie wrote:

had a ram one time ,58k garage kept doors rusted about a foot up on each side ,ram said tuff cookie , never again.

Neighbor has a 2011 F150. The bed started rotting at 5 years old with 60k. It's now 8 years old and looks terrible. I guess Ford is OK with their product looking like that on the road. And my wife's 13 Explorer has paint peeling off the aluminum hood as well as the rear door inner seems starting to rust!

I'm done with Fords at this point!,,,

How you take care of and wash your vehicles has a lot to do with rusting out. I live in the middle of rust belt country and rarely see Fords of that vintage starting to rusting out at 6 years. Any brand will rust out if you dont take care of them. My truck is 6 years old with 100k plus miles and the body looks very clean, no hint of rust. Another person I know who has the same vintage and brand truck as me is rusting quite badly but then again I rarely see it clean either. Winter time I am always running thru the car wash getting the underbody washed.

I noticed you mentioned a few times about peeling paint on aluminum. Can't say I've ever seen that around here, can't be a wide spread issue. I remember back in the day GM had a known problem with that as my brother in law had one and that was all steel and half the paint was missing on the hood.

Dan

I go out of my way to maintain my vehicles! Wash and wax them regularly, includeduding waxing the door jambs! Rinse out the undercarriage throughout the winter. Anything I can do to make it last and it still starts rusting!!! I can guarantee my vehicles are over maintained!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

otrfun

Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/07/19 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

spud1957 wrote:

Okay.These are pretty well apple to apples.

2019 F250 XLT $69,000 vs $58,000 for the 2019 RAM Big Horn.

The Ram Big Horn is discounted $20,000. MRSP $78,000.
The Ford XLT is discounted $9,000. MRSP $78,000

So yes, they are applying some pretty deep discounts. Regardless of options and your wife likes both and you can get $20,000 off the list vs $9000, which would you choose?
Yeah, that's been the claim since the 1st of the year that RAM is using large discounts to buy sales to boost sales numbers. It does get attention, and more Rams on the road, but at the expense of profits. Will be interesting to see how long it can last and if it pays off in the long run. May be a brilliant ploy. May be disastrous financially. Time will tell.
Deep discounts are SOP for Ram. Purchased a new '16 Ram 3500 Cummins back in Feb '16. While trying to work deals nationwide, managed to get 20% of MSRP at a dealer 400 mi. away. Most Ram dealers offered a standard 10-15% off MSRP with very little haggling. Tried working deals with Ford and Chevy, too. Standard discount was 5% off MSRP. Best discount was 12%. The Ram with 20% off MSRP saved me $5k over the Ford and Chevys at 12%. What made it a win-win for me, I actually preferred the Cummins in the first place. Would have paid slightly more for it, but didn't have to.

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Priced equally, I would have chosen another Ford in 2015. With the lower pricing of the Ram, it made it more of a value purchase that could not be equaled. I’m not locked in to one brand - In 2025 or 2030, I will start looking again.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/19 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good for Ram. I’m a former die hard Ford guy and I love my Ram.

The Ram/Cummins combo has been the best selling diesel truck in Canada for some time now.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram Sales Increasing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS