RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Angry wannabe RV police encounter

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Angry wannabe RV police encounter

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 06:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

Wow! Some of you guys are freakin scary! Pull out a shotgun? Wave a .45?
Ask me again why some want to take away firearms?
For somebody yelling and screaming?
I carry when traveling,but I know what is legal and what is not I know what is wise and what is not.
The only time my gun is coming into sight is half a second before I pull the trigger.It will be for some guy halfway into my rig,or to stop a violent felony in progress. Certainly not for some hothead screaming and waving his arms. Brandishing is against the law in every state I know of.
Ask me again why we are going to lose the Second?
Pitch I agree with you. My dad always taught me never pull a weapon unless you intend to use it. All brandishing does is give more ammunition to weapon opponents.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 06:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I drive the speed limit. I will pull off if I get a following and let 'em pass (Been thanked for that a few times) Never had an A-Hole waste his time yelling at me.. but then I'm 6'2 by 300 pounds (Shower weight this AM) and do know how to impress if I need to.. Though i prefer to let other things impress. (like a brick wall) but that's another story.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 07:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Having driven that amazing stretch of road, and following the posted speed limit signs (because we had never been there before) and because we are always waiting/looking for that next viewing spot - I'm sure the locals want to scream when caught behind an RV. But I don't think we held up traffic - we were a little more nimble with just a truck camper - and seemed able to find a spot in the pullouts. I know when pulling a trailer, that ability changes rapidly.

The OP handled it well - I probably would have pointed out that whatever hurry the "RV Police" were in was negated by them pulling over and giving an arse-chewing, and then the newspaper headlines would have read "camping couple beaten severely after wife riles angry driver"....LOL!

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 08:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom/Barb wrote:

Similar incident a few years ago 101 south in OR.
loud mouth kids wanted to kick my ass, I showed them my 20 gauge pump and asked which one wanted to be first..
end of incident.

NICE!!!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"5 or more behind you you were actually breaking the law "

Was not there but people that do this and NOT use the turnouts deserve a verbal BitchSlap!

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 08:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Problem I'm having is with the ones that get mad at you for going 5 over the speed limit. How do you not be annoying in that situation? I pull over and every one of them speed even more in a mad rage tailing each other. And then you hardly see any police anymore..... what are we voting down revenue for law enforcement?

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 08:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You just encountered a total jerk. I'm not even sure what he was mad about; your slow speed or that you didn't pull off and let him go. I'm pretty slow with our 30 ft. MH even on the interstate and only once or twice has someone showed anger.

Jayco-noslide

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing more fun, when riding a motorcycle on a twisty road, than following a Citizen Hall Monitor who toodles past turnout after turnout...

When I relocate camp in whatever lardass RV I’m using I do my best to help people around, use turnouts, don’t use a lane to make the 1 mph faster cruise control pass of a transport truck etc etc

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 08:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People in general always amaze me. I farm and I road my equipment to fields and just like clockwork, at least once yearly some dork in a big hurry wants to get around me and gets off the edge of the road (I only run 2 lanes) and gets sucked into the ditch. In a big hurry to get nowhere.

I'm 100% legal with SMV placards, amber flashing lights and according to state law here in Michigan, I have the right of way. I always try to allow traffic to pass when there is a place I can pull off the road and into but when pulling 10-12 foot wide implements, those places are far and few between and I'm not pulling into someone's front yard just to let some idiot pass because he has to get home to have a cold brew.

Tough.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 09:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sometimes, the pullouts aren't the greatest, sometimes the shoulders are pretty narrow. But I think, even it is not 'convenient for you" If you can, without risking life and limb, find a way to let the other guy pass, I think that it is the courteous thing to do

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Angry wannabe RV police encounter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.