RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Angry wannabe RV police encounter

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Angry wannabe RV police encounter

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 01:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 any day.

You want to pick a fight, come armed.

Me and a multitude of others being armed, is why 90% of the people are polite.

You don't want to be confronted with fire arms, don't pict a fight, most are willing to teach you a lesson.

I've carried for well over 70 years, never once had to use it. I never would start a fight, but I'll sure. as hell end one.

Any of you anti gunners willing to place a sign on your house saying this house is not armed? If not you are simply hiding behind my guns

I,ve been armed since I was 12 years old. Never in my 65 years have I felt compelled to draw down on someone for a traffic infraction, never!

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 02:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

Wow! Some of you guys are freakin scary! Pull out a shotgun? Wave a .45?
Ask me again why some want to take away firearms?
For somebody yelling and screaming?
I carry when traveling,but I know what is legal and what is not I know what is wise and what is not.
The only time my gun is coming into sight is half a second before I pull the trigger.It will be for some guy halfway into my rig,or to stop a violent felony in progress. Certainly not for some hothead screaming and waving his arms. Brandishing is against the law in every state I know of.
Ask me again why we are going to lose the Second?

yelling and screaming??? is that what you consider for threats of violence of physical harm? Common law was if threatened you had the right to shoot them rather than take a beating or lose your life.
I'm not going to provide a "fair fist, knife, club or other type of fight" and risk death from the idiot threatening to beat me up or kill me. Showing that road rage idiot, that you are armed and giving them cause and reason to back off is sound reasoning!!! Just don't point it at him unless actual shooting is called for.
I don't pull it from the holster though unless it is to use it. Not had to in many years. I had a mount on the floor and dash and lock release for a pump shotgun. They could see it by just looking.
Brandishing charge would have to show you were going to be an aggressor, here anyways.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Almost every day if you drive the Interstates mostly, or any other road you will see at least one incident of road rage.
Everyone of us has encountered it toward them.
Just have to not get hot tempered in response. Tougher for men of masculinity.
Lots of testosterone will make you jump to the defense and then offense quickly when threatened. I'm not going to give them a fair fight or rather a fair chance to kill me. They try this stuff with my wife all the time but not me.
We were headed to Nashville in car pool lane, wife driving, over the limit, same sped as cars in front with a few car spaces, when a white little shoe box pulls up on our tail an blows the horn. Traffic in next land can't get over. Finally an opening but he jumps out and round with the passenger cursing us and giving us the finger and the brake checks us. He speed way up but then has to come back down and we are behind him for the rest of the way. I got a little angry but then we both laughed about it. All that fury and threats got them nowhere.

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 05:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tom/Barb wrote:

pitch wrote:

You don't want to be confronted with fire arms, don't pict a fight, most are willing to teach you a lesson.

I've carried for well over 70 years, never once had to use it. I never would start a fight, but I'll sure. as hell end one.

Any of you anti gunners willing to place a sign on your house saying this house is not armed? If not you are simply hiding behind my guns.

How's the manifesto coming?

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Tom/Barb

Oak Harbor, Wa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 05:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TechWriter wrote:

Tom/Barb wrote:

pitch wrote:

Any of you anti gunners willing to place a sign on your house saying this house is not armed? If not you are simply hiding behind my guns.

How's the manifesto coming?

Very well thanks for asking.
When you don't want to be involved with armed citizens don't be antagonistic.

2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 05:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the running for best thread ever, at any RV related forum. I can't wait for Grit to chime in.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 06:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Lol. I'll hold my tongue on this one!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/19 07:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

^ Lol. I'll hold my tongue on this one!

Now that's some real BS lol.

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 07:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's interesting that those who oppose firearms think the ones responding that they carry are waving their firearm at every vehicle that passes them. I didn't read any such response. They did say that they will defend themselves against an aggressor, a road rager. A person who thinks they have a right to confront another driver because they don't like how they are driving is unquestionably in the wrong and we all have a right to defend ourselves against an aggressor. There are no statistics on crimes that never happen because a firearm was at hand to change someone's mind and actions.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/19 07:46pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since the age of about 6 I have been around firearms. Had a single shot Springfield .22, my Uncle's, that was constant companion around Grand Ma's which I spent my summers and many other times at. But not in town.
Had guns before I went into the Army and carried one every day since then, just about. the Sheriff and others knew about it and until the 90s due to Jim Crow no carry was allowed at all except for Sheriff's Deputy Reserve Officers and I was too occupied with making a living. Oh and there were a few time I was glad I had it but I haven't shot anyone yet. I have no more desire to shoot anyone than to be shot again, myself....But I'm not going to give an attacker the chance to harm or kill me or my family or anyone else if I can help them.
People that are scared of themselves with a firearm shouldn't be allowed to use power tools either and probably don't.
Our Second Amendment protects our Natural Right to be able to defend ourselves.
Remember what Christ said about if you don't have enough money for a sword, sell your cloak and buy one? Being able to protect oneself is no sin. It is to be applauded. Remember John Sullivan and thee Sullivan Gang of NYC, who got the corrupt Mayor and Council to pass the infamous Sullivan Gun Control Law?
homeowners and other Citizens were killing his and other Gang Members, which was bad for his business. So He and other Gang Leaders and the Mayor and Council disarmed the Citizens of NYC making assured Victims out of them.
The same today except we have many that are afraid of the daylight but willing to disarm us so we will be assured Victims too.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Angry wannabe RV police encounter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.