|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2017+ Powerstroke 6.7 Fuel Filter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Going to try to get Ron to help with the 60 Aisin service before I head South in Sept. Chris"

I gots the tools. Need to figure out how to get more of the fluid out!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING CERTAIN WORDS AT ME? "

Seriously??? I emphasize a couple words and I am YELLING???

Didn't think you were the sensitive type. [emoticon]

That is generally what capital letters mean when you type them, yelling. It is a bit rude to do hence the reason why respectable(and normal) people don't do it unless they are mad or purposely being disrespectful to someone. Maybe that is why so many people here are at odds with you.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 02:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"WHY ARE YOU YELLING CERTAIN WORDS AT ME? "

Seriously??? I emphasize a couple words and I am YELLING???

Didn't think you were the sensitive type. [emoticon]

That is what capital letters mean when you type them, yelling. It is a bit rude to do hence the reason why respectable(and normal) people don't do it unless they are mad or purposely being disrespectful to someone. Maybe that is why so many people here are at odds with you.

Sorry I was NOT yelling, your interpretation NOT mine. I clearly stated what I meant, guess that was not good enough.

Funny you just now make this comment as this is how "I" convey what I am trying to say. Been doing so ever since joining this and other forums I belong to, NEVER have I been accused of yelling.

Anything else you want to complain about?

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flashman wrote:

After having done it a couple of times - I find the CTD filter change using the fender cut out access very easy 15 minutes max. A filter cap is a must to keep from making a mess. Easier in opinion than the older CTDs and having to do it from the bottom.

Well on our 2016 I worked through the wheel well, on the one change so far (purchased used 12/31/2018), a little oil spilled, but not bad, may get a cap.
DD 2004 pull the filter to turbo hose, easy pesy two screw clamps, chance to check turbo for play. Filter out the top.
Same on the previous 2001, turbo hose off and out the top.
Bad was 89 F250 7.5L (AKA 460) when you removed the filter oil ran on to the cross member.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Sorry I was NOT yelling, your interpretation NOT mine. I clearly stated what I meant, guess that was not good enough.

Funny you just now make this comment as this is how "I" convey what I am trying to say. Been doing so ever since joining this and other forums I belong to, NEVER have I been accused of yelling.

Well, then don't get mad when people take your words as yelling or disrespectful. Just saying, you might get a little further with people if you didn't talk to them that way. You can do what you want, but they can do what they want in return as well. I will just continue to return disrespect with disrespect. Makes no difference to me.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rhagfo, are you opposed to changing from the top and if so why? I assume you would like to give the turbo spin, check boost clamps and look for hose wear as I pictured.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Well, then don't get mad when people take your words as yelling or disrespectful."

As I said not one person in the 16,155 posts I have made here has accused me of yelling.

Disrespect? Yea alright!

Please BLOCK me!!! Was that yelling? YOU decide.

I'm out.

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 05:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

rhagfo, are you opposed to changing from the top and if so why? I assume you would like to give the turbo spin, check boost clamps and look for hose wear as I pictured.

Not at all, first change didn’t have a stool to get tall enough to work over the fender. The through the wheel well was the best option at the time.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

Well, then don't get mad when people take your words as yelling or disrespectful. Just saying, you might get a little further with people if you didn't talk to them that way. You can do what you want, but they can do what they want in return as well. I will just continue to return disrespect with disrespect. Makes no difference to me.

I have used caps for emphasis for a word or phase for years. No one ever called me out on it. You need to get OVER yourself and realize that CUMMINS12V98 has just as much right to be here as you do! Chris

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 06:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the under hood filter is the same as on my 14, one of the eaisest fuel filters I have changed in a newer vehical. no special tools needed and very easy to get off. the only issue I have come up with is it hanging up in the bracket at times.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2017+ Powerstroke 6.7 Fuel Filter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS