RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Pullrite Superglide or Demco Hijacker?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Pullrite Superglide or Demco Hijacker?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
94-D2

Sutter Creek ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use the pullrite as well. It does the job. May not need it since the front cap on my bighorn is cut for turning but my friend’s rig was too and he hit the cab. Better safe than sorry. That said, there are is a lot of slop in the slide, and between the slide and ram puck adapter plate, there is 250 lbs to deal with. I built a lift out of a $50 HF winch and some scrap metal. Works like a charm. I would imagine it’s a Ford vs Chevy thing since all the hitches do the job well. I’m not comfortable with the Anderson conversion so I’ll stick with the pullrite.

2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie 6.7L, Aisin, air ride, Ram puck prep, SuperGlide 20K auto slide.
2018 Bighorn Traveler 4 slide w/Apt.

It’s not what you’ve done that commands respect, it’s what you do.

Happy Campin’

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/19 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you do not mind manually sliding, B&W now makes a manual slider for the Ford puck system.

https://www.suspensionconnection.com/rvk3370-companion.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvN2K2Pq14wIVB7vsCh3CygPwEAQYAyABEgJVB_D_BwE

I have one of their manual sliders and always slide it back at check in and back to tow position after straightening out on the exit road. Never a problem in normal towing going forward. Chris

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

Crabbypatty

Long Island, New York

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/19 04:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed the Pullrite Superslide 16K with the removable flush mount bed system. My truck did not have the "puck system" but came set up to pull a TT in the camper package. Took me about 5 hours to put it in. I measured three times before I drilled a hole and watched a couple youtube videos on it. Great hitch I like it. TV is a F250 SB CC

John, Lisa & Tara">">">
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

djousma

SW Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/19 04:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been using the Demco autoslide for 4 seasons now. No issues. No need for a capture plate unless you are using the Mor/Ryde pinbox. I do have that pinbox, and the capture plate is no big deal.

that said, my next truck will be a long bed, mostly for the larger fuel tank, so I would be switching hitches to a B&W at that point.

Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

cpaulsen

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/19 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Pullrite 2700 and with the last 2 5th wheels I have had...…..not one problem at all. I have a short bed Ford and never get any chucking at all.

cpaulsen

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/19 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pullrite for me also. 10 years and never had a problem hitching or unhitching. Read and understand the manual! Many on here will tell you the "proper way to hook and unhook". Their proper way does not always match the manufacturers proper way. Trust the manufacturers manual and you will not have any problems.
Also note: you can not turn the superglide past 90 degrees! Well you can, but something will break. Says so, right in the manual.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/19 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

If you do not mind manually sliding, B&W now makes a manual slider for the Ford puck system.

https://www.suspensionconnection.com/rvk3370-companion.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvN2K2Pq14wIVB7vsCh3CygPwEAQYAyABEgJVB_D_BwE

I have one of their manual sliders and always slide it back at check in and back to tow position after straightening out on the exit road. Never a problem in normal towing going forward. Chris

I think his whole point is the automatic slider, sounds like he had a manual slider ,but failed to use it, so your hitch wouldn't do him any good if he doesn't use it . Or he thought he could get by without a slider.

It makes no difference what manual slider he has , I have a manual 18K Signature Reese hitch, works great if you use it.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/19 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"my next truck will be a long bed, mostly for the larger fuel tank, so I would be switching hitches to a B&W at that point."

And GOD said "Let There be Light"

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

C.B.

APPLETON WI USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/19 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BugsRLB wrote:

Pullrite seems to have hitch/unhitching issues, needs separate plate on kingpin, can't tow other 5vr's without plate.

What are your recommendations or thoughts? [emoticon]

Been towing with Pullrite 16K Superglide for 16 years.

I have not had a problem hooking up or unhooking.

I modified my wedge plate so it is removable in minutes so any 5th wheel hitch can be used to tow my unit..

Two bolts in wedge plate holds plate on pin box.

[image]

Pin holds plate in front.

[image]

Pullrite now makes wedge plates that are easily removed.

With these new plates it isn't even an issue anymore.

As far as pulling someone else's unit without wedge plate on their pin box.

I use this.

Slides in between base rails.

[image]

Tightened in and jam nutted to keep slid from moving.

[image]

With slide disabled I can tow any 5th wheel.

C.B.

CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

jshupe

Austin, TX

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/19 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have had both the Pullrite Superglide and the Reese Sidewinder, which doesn't appear to be on your list. Either will work well for you.

Since you're specifically asking about the Pullrite, it works great and is a fairly smooth ride. It's very heavy and a pain to remove. I'd probably consider one again, as it handles more predictably than the Sidewinder in certain situations. I've since moved to a long bed.

The benefit to the Sidewinder over the Superglide was that we could pack stuff behind the hitch because you use a standard fixed hitch that does not move in the bed of the truck. You can use (almost) any hitch, including ones that break down into multiple pieces for easy removal. It requires more maintenance and can feel uncomfortable (but not unsafe) during fast changes in direction, but tracks well otherwise.

I never had any issues hitching or unhitching with either - those stories are inflated, or the people using them are doing something wrong.

* This post was edited 07/15/19 09:30am by jshupe *

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn HO/AISIN 4x4 CCLB DRW | 2015 Keystone Alpine 3730FB
Random musings (blog): https://www.lifeenroute.com

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Pullrite Superglide or Demco Hijacker?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS