|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Stoped routine

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/19 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My routine when stopped. Pull into a Cassie's, fill the truck, wash the windshield, use the restroom, grab a sandwich, pull away from the awning over to the grassy area, let the Collie pottie and do a walk around of the camper, load up and hit the highway. Repeat about 300 miles down the road.

OleManOleCan

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/19 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of the time I fuel up at the same locations.
I have had 36 gallon tanks on my last two trucks.
I can tow from Alabama to the Smokies on one tank
I can tow to Gulf Shores or PC also...
I generally fuel up before I hook up, and again when I un hitch.

Pit Stops... I generally park with the big rigs. I check my RV when I get out,
and again before we leave. A quick walk around, checking Cargo Doors, tires, hitch, and I'm on my way.

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 07/21/19 09:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vinman02 wrote:

I do what most people here do but I do it last. As in when I stop for fuel or washroom break I’ll fuel up and do whatever else I have to do then on my way back to the truck I’ll take the long was around the trailer and check everything just before I leave. That way I know nobody messed with it while it was out of my sight.

Indeed, if you are out of sight of the trailer, you need to do a last minute check to insure that all hitch pins, weight bar pins, coupler lock, electrical connector, and the emergency brake cable and switch pull-out have not been disturbed.

You would be surprised what people will do sometimes, to vandalize your property.

Charles

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/19 04:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vinman02 wrote:

I do what most people here do but I do it last. As in when I stop for fuel or washroom break I’ll fuel up and do whatever else I have to do then on my way back to the truck I’ll take the long was around the trailer and check everything just before I leave. That way I know nobody messed with it while it was out of my sight.

I was brought up to take care of the ride first. Check for heat in tires/hubs ASAP, before they cool. And I make it a point to not be in anybodies way, be polite, give nobody a reason to mess with my snot. Then check hitch and such before I pull out...

sgfrye

north carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/22/19 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pull in gas up, wife will go in camper while im fueling and use restroom. i will pull to outside of parking area out of the way or in back and i will go in camper and use restroom, then do a walk around checking things on outside.

our TT is 37 footer so once in a while at the larger stations if no convenient pump is open (my truck is gas) i have pulled around back out of way and unhooked TT then pull around to pumps without TT. my wife will slip inside TT and make a sandwich for lunch break etc. by the time i get back and rehook TT we eat. we are never in a big hurry and i can hook up our WDH blindfolded.

about a year ago i pulled into a flying j truck stop with my truck not towing and pulled into the best spot for a longer TT and tow vehicle (on an end pump) as soon as i got out to pump, a couple with a TT pulled into the station looking for a pump. pumps were full on both ends so i waved to the guy to use the pump i pulled into and moved to an interior pump. his TT was basically blocking a large section of parking area, and i wanted to make it quicker and easier for him. he verbally thanked me. i said "no problem, been there myself" a little kindness goes a long way.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Stoped routine
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS