|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Running only off of onboard tank

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

The only time I hook to shore water is when we are hosting one of the teenage granddaughters. (That is also the only time I stay hooked to the sewer and leave the grey valve open.)

AFTER my youngest daughter left the house, I installed on demand hot water [emoticon] Her shower lasted as long as the 40 gallon hot water tank.

sgfrye

north carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/19 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i fill fresh tank about 1/2 full before we leave home to use on bathroom breaks on the road. when we get to campsite i hook up to campground water with pressure regulator. i have a fresh tank/city water lever on my water hook on TT. i finish filling up fresh tank, turn off campground spigot valve. leave hose connected to TT so i can refill if needed and use fresh tank for our water supply. i have found the water pump gives us better pressure for taking showers than campground water. when we go to bed, and if we leave TT, i turn off water pump so no bad surprises with leak while we sleep or are gone for awhile. works for us. if there is a sudden leak with pump on we will hear it.

wopachop

lb

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting stuff. Heading out to the river now where my friend leaves her trailer. Wouldn't be surprised if she leaves the water on 24/7 with no regulator at all.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/19 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Bobbo wrote:

The only time I hook to shore water is when we are hosting one of the teenage granddaughters. (That is also the only time I stay hooked to the sewer and leave the grey valve open.)

AFTER my youngest daughter left the house, I installed on demand hot water [emoticon] Her shower lasted as long as the 40 gallon hot water tank.

I hope you are talking about your S&B house. I shudder at the thought of an RV with a 40 gallon hot water tank.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

belairbrian

Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/19 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we were starting out we had a major leak, luckily the camper stayed dry. We were using one of those cheap pressure regulators, the ones that come free in your starter kit.

We were sitting outside when my wife said she heard water. Walked around back and there is a geyser coming out of the outside shower. cold water knob was about six feet away. No water that night capped of the line in the morning.

Since then I've used a Watts house style regulator.

TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison
2009 Chaparral 278DS
Reese 16K Slider Hitch, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

bobm253

getzville,ny

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/19 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only use water from my onboard tank. Use the campground water to refill tank only. We drink and cook with filtered water brought from home or bought on the road.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Running only off of onboard tank
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.