RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Furrion rv air conditioner, anyone have one yet? Or Attwood?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Furrion rv air conditioner, anyone have one yet? Or Attwood?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
72cougarxr7

Northern NY

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 09:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I should say, I am planning on running my Dometic for at least another year or 2. It cools well, and in Northern NY, I can go without it much of the year.
I just cant stand how loud the Dometic is.
I agree with the comment about not being the first one to buy one, I dont buy 1st model year cars for that reason, and would definitely let these Furrion units have some real world testing for a couple years befire I felt comfortable buying one.
It looks like it is only Attwood and Fuffion marketing their units as low noise, and they both use separate motors for the condenser and evaporator fans, which makes sense to me.
Most of the Attwood reviews I find say the heat pump ones dont put out much heat and many were getting shipping damage.
Im not interested in a heat pump, just ac.
Anyone have an Attwood unit and have anything good or bad to say about it?

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 10:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mini-splits are the new rage and technically far superior to anything the RV industry is using today. They're intended use right now is zoned cooling with a small unit in each room. The unit's power is converted to DC and the motors are variable speed - both the compressor and the fan. As the need for cooling increases, they speed up to handle the job with the opposite being true when demand drops off overnight but they're designed to run around the clock to keep the conditioned space just right.

But, just like Onan still marketing constant speed generators, our air conditioners run at a single speed (sure some have two speed fans but the compressors are only single speed). It's time for an influx of available technology to the RV market. Who's going to be the first to offer it?

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

jjrbus

FT Myers FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/19 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have never heard a rv roof air with an acceptable noise level to me! I have an 11k brisk air on my roof and mounted an 8k window unit in the rear bath window as I refuse to listen to the Dometic!

I have 3 mini splits in my house and would put one in my old Toyota in a heartbeat if I had room for the inside unit.

apr67

Tallahassee, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/19 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love the noise of my AC. It helps me sleep in a truck stop next to rumbling diesels.

[emoticon]

2017 Thor Hurricane 34J
Gone-2014 Chevy Express 3500
Gone-2016 Jayco White Hawk 32DSBH
Gone-2013 Keystone Bullet 294BHS
Gone-2007 National SurfSide 34DE
Gone-2006 ForestRiver Sunseeker 2900LTD
Gone-1994 Fleetwood PaceArrow
Gone-1978 Kit RoadRanger

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Furrion rv air conditioner, anyone have one yet? Or Attwood?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS