RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Furrion rv air conditioner, anyone have one yet? Or Attwood?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Furrion rv air conditioner, anyone have one yet? Or Attwood?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bob Vaughn

Seffner, Fl.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do not go with the Atwood HP you will end up loathing the day it was installed...

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was able to cut down a LOT of noise and vibration on our Coleman Machs by balancing the condenser fan. It was very easy using a lawn mower blade balancer and bits from the HW store.
The white bushing was ground down to a "D" shape in order to fit into the blade's shaft hole and the metal clips were used to balance the blade. HUGE difference. I also sanded off the excess mold flashing from the fins.

[image]

[image]

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 11:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Atwood AirCommand 13.5 Non Ducted/Non Heat on my trailer. It had a new Dometic on it when we got the trailer in 2015 but it never worked properly so when E Trailer was having a sale I bought one. It was around $700 and I sold the old Dometic to a rv mechanic for $250. AtWood now unfortunately is owned by Dometic and I do not know if they moved production to the states. My unit says Made in Australia on it as well as the function and performance test paperwork. It is very quiet, blows ice cold, throws air 2 to 3 times further than the Dometic did and is small gen friendly.

1992 D250 Cummins, 5spd, 4"' straight piped, sensors deleted, airbags, DAP injectors, 18cm.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1320Fastback wrote:

I have a Atwood AirCommand 13.5 Non Ducted/Non Heat on my trailer. It had a new Dometic on it when we got the trailer in 2015 but it never worked properly so when E Trailer was having a sale I bought one. It was around $700 and I sold the old Dometic to a rv mechanic for $250. AtWood now unfortunately is owned by Dometic and I do not know if they moved production to the states. My unit says Made in Australia on it as well as the function and performance test paperwork. It is very quiet, blows ice cold, throws air 2 to 3 times further than the Dometic did and is small gen friendly.

Atwoods are made in the USA per their current info
Dometics are made in China
RVP/Coleman are made in Wichita, Kansas
1. 13.5 Atwood air volume is 360 CFM (cubic feet/minute)
2. 13.5 Dometic air volume is 350
3. RVP 13.5 is 320
If Dometic follows what they did with Atwood refers, they will discontinue the Atwoods. Until the current slow down in the RV market, BEFORE the corona virus, Dometic and RVP had a hard time supplying enough AC un its to the OEM's. So, it made sense to continue the Atwood AC production. With the RV market slowdown in sales Dometic may discontinue the Atwoods. I have seen lots of companies try to go against RVP and Dometic, including Carrier. NONE could make any headway into the RV OEM sales. Doug

ethan01hunt

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/20 01:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, I have the RV air conditioner, and I used it for a year now which is a great product. I think it is the best rooftop ac I ever have. And the best part is that if anyone has an issue with their ac their service team very responsive and done your ***Link Removed*** with a best rotational team they have.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Furrion rv air conditioner, anyone have one yet? Or Attwood?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.