|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Furrion Back-up Camera

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/19 05:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm considering getting a back-up camera for my 41 foot long 5er. It's a Montana High Country and came "pre wired" for the Furrion Back-up Camera.

I know there are other brands out there, but since the camper is pre-wired for the Furrion version, I'm beginning to explore this brand.

With that said, I'd appreciate anyone's experience with their Furrion Back-up camera. I suppose the questions are:

First: Did you install the camera system yourself and if you did was it more work than you expected. In other words, should you have hired someone else to do it?

Second: What model did you get and why?

Third: Did it meet your expectations or do you have regrets and wish you would have selected a different or upgraded model or different brand altogether?

Fourth: Did it hold up over time? It's technology? Did it putter out eventually, or after time, still working strong?

Input appreciated.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch, one more question to add,,,,
Did you install something else, and was it able to use the Furion infrastructure installed on the unit?

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have one on the back of my truck camper, the wireless one. My camper wasn't pre wired but the install was easy and the the monitor (have it on my dash) is clear and it has night vision too. Had mine 3 years and no issues at all. Was a Christmas present from my wife.

Made in China, but what isn't today.

My favorite saying is... Only thing we make here anymnore is babies and they get delivered with Chinese medical instruments.

I'm very happy with mine. Like I said, monitor is clear and it works well. In fact I can be 75 feet from the camper ant turn it on and it works at distance too.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Swell1

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/19 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the furrion observation camera. I like this one because you can use it while driving. It works great, you can see everything that's coming up behind you and if you pass someone you can see how far you've cleared them by.

2017 SportTrek 271 VRB
2016 F150 Eco boost with max tow package

Mmwtdh

Here

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/19 08:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Montana that was pre-wired. I installed the Furrion observation camera and couldn't be happier.

It took maybe 10 minutes to install. Periodically it will blank out for a second to two when the sun hits it, but it always comes right back on.

I use it more for observation, pulling back into the lane, than I do backing.

I wouldn't be without one again...

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 09:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I might add, I pull a trailer with our quads on it and I can keep an eye on them going down the road too.

There are cheaper ones on Flea Bay but the Furrion works very well. Like I said, was a gift so don't know what the cost was.

riven1950

NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/19 05:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Installed the Furrion on our GD TT which was pre wired. Works great. Overpriced in my opinion but the ease of installation made that a little more acceptable.

Two comments:

Get the observation one, you can use going down the road and backup

I wish I had purchased the larger screen, 7 inches I think. Ours is 4 inches and works fine but larger would be better.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/19 06:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

riven1950 wrote:

Installed the Furrion on our GD TT which was pre wired. Works great. Overpriced in my opinion but the ease of installation made that a little more acceptable.

Two comments:

Get the observation one, you can use going down the road and backup

I wish I had purchased the larger screen, 7 inches I think. Ours is 4 inches and works fine but larger would be better.

Mine is 4" as well. Didn't know a larger one was available and probably wasn't 3 years ago when my wife got me mine for Christmas.

Fire19

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/19 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have installed the Furion 7" observation camera with two maker light cameras on my 32 'Fifth Wheel. I love the system and wish I would have installed it earlier it would have saved some arguments when parking in the campground.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Crew Cab
2002 Gulfstream Seahawk 29FKS
1998 GL1500SE

tdiller

usa

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/19 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

I'm considering getting a back-up camera for my 41 foot long 5er. It's a Montana High Country and came "pre wired" for the Furrion Back-up Camera.

I know there are other brands out there, but since the camper is pre-wired for the Furrion version, I'm beginning to explore this brand.

With that said, I'd appreciate anyone's experience with their Furrion Back-up camera. I suppose the questions are:

First: Did you install the camera system yourself and if you did was it more work than you expected. In other words, should you have hired someone else to do it?

Second: What model did you get and why?

I bought one from http://www.tadibrothers.com I did not like the furion monitor and the field of view of the cameras they had at the time. My tadi brothers monitor is a 7 inch one and the camera has a wider filed of view. And with all that and the furion mount adapter it was only a few bucks more than the furion models available at the time.

Third: Did it meet your expectations or do you have regrets and wish you would have selected a different or upgraded model or different brand altogether?

Fourth: Did it hold up over time? It's technology? Did it putter out eventually, or after time, still working strong?

Input appreciated.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Furrion Back-up Camera
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.