|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Problems with our new camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Childcare1965

Eastern panhandlers of West virginia

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 07:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello friends, I'm posting this complaint for everyone to read to hear comments from you to see if you have had any of these problems that I've had. I love camping and this is my second travel trailer. I purchased my second travel trailer at Camping world in Hanover Pa, at their RV show.At the time of the show this particular camper had a sold sign on it with sticky stuff to hold the sold sign on the camper, so we told the salesman we wanted one like that one but it says sold the salesman replied we would get you another one from our warehouse, we said great because that one was sold and dirty inside. On March 16 we went to pick it up, it's a 2019 Mallard M312, when we started filling out paper work. I'm sorry I need to back up when the man started showing how things work I commented on the sold sticker and he said we need to check with the salesman so then we proceeded with the tour and it came to the time for the guy to show us the electric jacks, he pushed the button and the electric jacks didnt work so we needed to tell the salesman so we did, couldn't fix them because they needed to order a part, come back in two weeks. Before it was to go back we went cammping. We hooked everything up at the camping site and we were testing the water everything seemed fine at the time. After a few minutes we notice water inside on the floor of the camper. We started immediately cleaning the water up and my husband trying to find the water leak, which he did we didn't have the outside drain in the sink open so he opened it but the water wouldn't go out so we reported that also and there was something wrong with the drain under the camper. So it was time for the camper to go back for the water and Jack to be fixed and I also told them this was the same camper that had the sold sticker on it because the glue was still on the camper from the sticker they couldn't explain it. My husband told them to take it off. So we go camping for the second time and the jacks don't work again and this time they couldn't work on it until 3 weeks later, because they were busy. Let me remind you this is a new camper. We are now on our 3rd camping trip, unpacking setting up and now we realize our refrigerator isn't cold so all of our food was spoiled and then our radio didn't no longer work. We called camping world for 3rd time and they said it wouldn't be until August until we can get to it, my husband said no this is our third trip with this camper, and this is on your guys so they got us in earlier after we complined. We bring it home and we park it at our house on a concrete pad. My husband plugs it in and checks the refrigerator this past Sunday morning July 21,2019 which it was at the Hanover shop on July 20,2019 and the refrigerator Was Not working he called Hanover back. Let me tell you we live 21\2 hours away from Hanover. We were so mad, so we told them we were taking it to camping world in Winchester because we are only 45 minutes away from winchester. Even camping world in Winchester did not want us to bring it to them, but it was taken to Winchester. They couldnt find anything wrong. They told us it needs to be setting level to work, which it is on a concrete pad. Plus we tried it at our campsite all night and it wasn't cold the next morning. I'm letting everybody know our experience before you buy a camper from camping world. This has been the worst experience we've had. Plus the bank that camping world got our our loan through called me asking if I had registered my camper so I had to call Hanover several times to get someone to answer my question. Finally the salesman said that he would have to check around for it and we said we would pick it up when we bring the camper back for service on that Saturday, he said i might not have it ready because ups has been mistreating us for some reason, that's what he said. So when we get there the salesman hands us the envelop it was FedEx and it was addressed to camping world which means it wasn't never mailed to us in the first place. That's how they deal. They had the nerve to say what more do you want, we are fixing it for free. It's still under warranty plus we took out the Platinum warranty. I feel we deserve the camper we were told we were getting and that was to be a new one from the warehouse.

Grodyman

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 07:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve got a story about the California DMV.......

2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would be nice if you posted in paragraphs.. That is way too hard to read...

I did however. All I can say is,welcome to the warranty club.

Should have did a through PDI before you took possession.

Every time I buy a new RV, before I sign on the bottom line, I do a very through PDI and it it's not right, I don't sign. On my 3rd one and barring small issues, all have been trouble and warranty free.

While I participate on this forum, I'd never buy an RV from CW. I read too many horror stories on here.

I do buy stuff from CW, just never an RV.

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Lwiddis

Veterans’ Park, Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/19 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You “filled out the paperwork” before you completely inspected the trailer? Running all...all..systems for an extended time? Hopefully you learned and others will learn from you.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

jfkmk

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SidecarFlip wrote:

Good grief, ain’t that the truth. I have a headache trying to make through that post. That being said, I guess the lesson is, don’t buy from cw.

SidecarFlip

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/19 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jfkmk wrote:

SidecarFlip wrote:

Good grief, ain’t that the truth. I have a headache trying to make through that post. That being said, I guess the lesson is, don’t buy from cw.

That and if you do, at least do a good PDI. A while back there was a thread about some guy who bought a TT, never did a PDI and found out the roof leaked. Got on a ladder and saw the membrane was ripped. Could have saved himself the grief if he had looked it over before he bought it.

Considering the 'quality' of RV's today (tongue in cheek), not doing a close inspection is very foolish.

We don't 'romance' any RV. Problem with any new RV or truck or car or anything costly, it's not the romance, it's the finance.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/19 01:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't think it is anything specific to CW. Every person I know who has bought new has had similar issues regardless of dealership.

Bottom line, warranty work is low priority for dealers. They have your money already and the warranty contract language never gives a time frame for when repairs will be done. As long as they have paying work, you will almost always be pushed off. Even if they have time, it's low profit work (manufacturers limit how much they will pay). Plus if it's minor, they know many will just give up and fix minor stuff themselves.

PS: I agree on paragraphs making reading much easier. Also, avoid extraneous information: unless you have it specifically called out in writing, the fact they gave you the "new" unit that was at the RV show is irrelevant. You got a new unit that meets the specifications you requested.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/19 03:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should have joined the forum before you purchased the RV not after you have a problem that we can't help you with. Their are PDI list available to check a new unit out. Due diligence is a requirement for doing business. I hope you get your camper fixed and enjoy your time camping.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/19 04:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

so pick on his post not all of us are english pro,s sorry for your problems , best advice I could give is call a local rv tech ,they come to you LISTEN to your complaints ,then fix them, and most can do warenty work. P.S run from CW you,ll be glad you did.

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 07/24/19 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Basically don't plan on anymore camping trips this summer. Get everything fixed under warranty. Call the warranty company (if it isn't CW itself) and see if you can have an independent RV repair garage work on your camper.

If you have to use CW, it will take months. Once you get everything fixed, use and enjoy your camper. If you have problems in the future, especially little ones (broken door handle, window not opening, etc), consider just paying an independent RV repair garage to fix it.

Usually, once you get everything working correctly on a camper, you should have no problems for years.

Usually.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Problems with our new camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS