RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: My new to me camper.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My new to me camper.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/20 06:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where did you wire it to...I have an extra battery in each front wheel well not tied to anything using both with alligator clips...My house battery never gets low because I use the other two for the heavy work...

Did you link the wheel well battery to the TC battery?

Ipad keyboard errors lol

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

Scott&Julie

Maine

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice!
I wish lance still used the aluminum roofs.

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

Where did you wire it to...I have an extra battery in each front wheel well not tied to anything using both with alligator clips...My house battery never gets low because I use the other two for the heavy work...

Ipad keyboard errors lol

My generator compartment has heavy battery leads where I was able to tie to the same electrical posts and run an Anderson connector out of the compartment to my truck. The run is a little longer than going directly to the batteries, but I did not have to drill any holes.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

Ipad keyboard errors lol

I connected it and ran it parallel with the house battery.

Last November when I woke up in the morning and the furnace had run a lot during the night the generator wouldn't start so I figured this was a good approach to eliminate that problem.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scott&Julie wrote:

Nice!
I wish lance still used the aluminum roofs.

A good friend of mine was the Lance distributor here in Utah up until just a few years ago when he sold his dealership.

I bought this one used off an RV lot so I called him and he did the walk thru with me via the phone.

He told me that the aluminum roof was a good thing and wished they had used them longer than they did.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/20 12:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bedlam wrote:

jaycocreek wrote:

Ipad keyboard errors lol

My generator compartment has heavy battery leads where I was able to tie to the same electrical posts and run an Anderson connector out of the compartment to my truck. The run is a little longer than going directly to the batteries, but I did not have to drill any holes.

I just tied it to the house battery. They're little holes. [emoticon]

macdale4

Apopka, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The 945 is our idea of the perfect layout. Stove on one side and microwave on the other that way my wife and be cooking on thing while I'm preparing the other. LOTS of counter space compared to most others. And best of all NO slide. We have had two. We totaled the first one in 2013 when we had a blow out and totaled the truck, camper and tow jeep.

Dale & Eileen
1998 Lance 945 Legend
2011 Ford F-350, dually, 4 X 4

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/09/20 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

macdale4 wrote:

The 945 is our idea of the perfect layout. Stove on one side and microwave on the other that way my wife and be cooking on thing while I'm preparing the other. LOTS of counter space compared to most others. And best of all NO slide. We have had two. We totaled the first one in 2013 when we had a blow out and totaled the truck, camper and tow jeep.

Sorry about your accident. [emoticon]

Its perfect for me. I love the extra counter space too and I don't need a slide either.

With the built in generator it doesn't get any better. [emoticon]

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/20 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Hung some mudflaps today. [emoticon]

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/28/20 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

Same reason I have a camper.
I live in the heart of the Piute Trail. We went thru Mayfield and up 12 Mile Canyon.
Weather was perfect and we had a great time..

Looks like you got a great old camper. I was told the old Lances were built better than recent ones. In any case it also looks like you have a great place to use it. I have relatives in Mt Pleasant and my father was born in Wales. It has been a while since I visited but still remember some of it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My new to me camper.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.