|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> "How did we do" ...everybody wants a survey

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/19 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Everybody wants a survey for even the least of interactions with a business. I went on-line to ask a very simple question of the post office- I lost a key for my PO bx and wanted another replacement. I received a response with an answer. A day later comes the survey e-mail. "How did we do?"

I had minor procedure in the hospital last week... (you know the one that we all need to get when we turn 50...) I got a survey from the toilet paper company asking did our product do the job sufficiently? (Only kidding on that, but I got one from the doctor, the anesthetist, the hospital, etc.

All of these surveys are getting a little ridiculous. If am satisfied with a business transaction, then that is it. The company will know otherwise if I am not.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/19 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

d3500ram wrote:

Everybody wants a survey for even the least of interactions with a business. I went on-line to ask a very simple question of the post office- I lost a key for my PO bx and wanted another replacement. I received a response with an answer. A day later comes the survey e-mail. "How did we do?"

I had minor procedure in the hospital last week... (you know the one that we all need to get when we turn 50...) I got a survey from the toilet paper company asking did our product do the job sufficiently? (Only kidding on that, but I got one from the doctor, the anesthetist, the hospital, etc.

All of these surveys are getting a little ridiculous. If am satisfied with a business transaction, then that is it. The company will know otherwise if I am not.

I fail to understand the problem. Reading, it seams like everybody is witching about lack of customer service. And all my life I have heard that if a business makes a person happy, he might tell 1 other. But if she is unhappy he will tell a dozen. Can you blame a company from wanting to know? I doubt you would be penalized if you did not respond...

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/19 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some of them send me personal letters, which is stamped with the manager's phony signature. So, I return their letter stamped with: I don't need anything, and won't for another 3 years.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/19 08:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I mostly just delete them or toss if mailed. Admittedly, if I had a problem or issue, I will respond even though I'm sure it doesn't really make a difference.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/19 08:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dump the survey, but complain about customer service. Logical?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/19 02:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hear a guy on the radio...

He was a tourist in Tokyo and randomly picked a restaurant for a quick bite. Five minutes after he left he got a text asking for a review. Never researched the restaurant and payed cash so how did they know he was there.

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/19 03:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't think anybody listens to surveys or there would be improvements to Customer service, Selection of Goods, Quality of Goods and Price...except public institutions, like hospitals which it helps identify real problems dealing with people's health.
You don't see many second rate liver, heart etc transplants with good reviews.

* This post was edited 07/25/19 03:29pm by down home *

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/19 05:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL... I guess I have been of the understanding that no news is good news. Surveys to me are an interrupter to my time. Plus, as a generality, there are very few times where I ever need to complain or respond back to a company because of poor performance. I have generally gotten satisfaction with most companies with which I deal- both personally and professionally.

It seems that I have noticed lately (hence my posting of this topic) is that most companies and business are requesting survey responses for the most basic of stuff on which I might inquire. Almost as if the business's are looking for a pat on the back.

I am interested in buying a synthetic, RubberMaid type storage shed. I inquired to them asking if it is acceptable to paint it (I would like it to natch the color of my house.) They replied back with a recommendation to not paint it. Two days later, you guessed it... "How did we do to your inquiry."

A lot of my overall satisfaction with business relationships is perhaps because I do research before buying or dealing with companies. I will e-mail to gain knowledge. A basic answering of my question, to me, does not warrant a satisfaction survey.

It just seem that everyone is sending out surveys nowadays.

What do you think? Did I express myself sufficiently? In what areas of my response could I have been more clear?

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my posted topic. Have a good day [emoticon]

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/19 06:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fizz wrote:

Hear a guy on the radio...

He was a tourist in Tokyo and randomly picked a restaurant for a quick bite. Five minutes after he left he got a text asking for a review. Never researched the restaurant and payed cash so how did they know he was there.

Now days, a lot of people have their wifi on all the time so his phone may have talked with the wifi network at the restaurant. Just a thought.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> "How did we do" ...everybody wants a survey
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS