|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Camping in Nebraska

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/19 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it was me I would do a Google search for `Nebraska tourism' and read what is recommended; ditto search for `Nebraska campgrounds' or check your campground directory. Don't have one! Why not?

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/19 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dick_B wrote:

If it was me I would do a Google search for `Nebraska tourism'
Tell 'em again Dick! Not confident OP is coming back.

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/25/19 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Places to see in Nebraska...let me ponder this.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 07/25/19 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really liked The Nebraska NATIONAL Forest, Bessey Recreation Complex Campground at Halsey. I stayed there the night of the solar eclipse. It was full, I got the last space. Nice place with good walking trails, just off of NE highway 2. Site fee was $11 in 2017. New showers, real nice. It is America's only HAND PLANTED forest! They started planting trees on the sand hills in the 1930's.

A couple of miles east of downtown Chadron on US 20 is the Museum of the Fur Trade......

https://www.furtrade.org/

Well worth a couple of hours of your time.

If you go down to Alliance to pick up highway 2, stop at Carhinge, for a few moments and pay homage to the American automobile.

Charles

MissouriBird

Stewartsville, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/12/19 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take time to visit the Arch over I-80 near Kearney if you are at all interested in history. It tells the story of the settling of the west, from the Oregon Trail days to the building of the Interstate System in a very high-tech, hands-on multi-media way.

Especially good if you have kids. I taught 5th and 6th grade Social Studies for years. Would have loved to have been able to take my students to it for a field trip each year. Very well done. Plan on an hour or two.

Nomads at heart

Acdii

Capron

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/19 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pine Grove RV park right off I-80 between Lincoln and Omaha is a nice place to stay, been there twice. Lots of things within a short drive time from there. The SAC museum is one exit down to the east on 80, and south of that is a wildlife refuge with Bison and bears and wolves. Omaha has a really great zoo too that you need 2 days to see it all, and I highly recommend eating at King Kongs across the street from the zoo. There is also an old railroad terminal that is a museum, really nice place to visit to learn about that areas railroading during it's heyday.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Camping in Nebraska
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS