RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Interesting article: Tesla Semi Electric Motorhome.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Interesting article: Tesla Semi Electric Motorhome.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Sponsored By:
wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender, your links do not contain much information about actual sales of all cars, like less than 160 EVs for the month. How many cars are usually sold in a month in Ca.? I don't know about the UK, but the probably quit plugging in because of the way it ran the electric bill up. Now Germany is a different story. Quite a few of the upper class have purchased plug-ins, but do not go far from home because of lack of charging stations, or not knowing where they may be. Hybrids on the other hand, are in great demand. Used one are near nonexistent. Germany saw that they would loose taxes on fuel with EVs, so they have put a penalty on the purchase of them, but it does not end there. Since the own a EV, they added a surcharge on their electric bill. My information if from someone that lives there, not a website. It seems your Damned if you do, and Damned if you don't.

Wildmanbaker

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildmanbaker wrote:

Reisender, your links do not contain much information about actual sales of all cars, like less than 160 EVs for the month. How many cars are usually sold in a month in Ca.? I don't know about the UK, but the probably quit plugging in because of the way it ran the electric bill up. Now Germany is a different story. Quite a few of the upper class have purchased plug-ins, but do not go far from home because of lack of charging stations, or not knowing where they may be. Hybrids on the other hand, are in great demand. Used one are near nonexistent. Germany saw that they would loose taxes on fuel with EVs, so theyr m have put a penalty on the purchase of them, but it does not end there. Since the own a EV, they added a surcharge on their electric bill. My information if from someone that lives there, not a website. It seems your Damned if you do, and Damned if you don't.

Good morning Wild man baker. I had to check my own link. I’m not sure what you mean by 160 EV’s for the month. The link I have posted shows more like 15000 for July alone, just in the US. Or maybe I misunderstood your meaning.

Not knowing where charge stations are is not a thing. The cars software knows or one can use any number of apps.

Cheers.

wildmanbaker

Kennewick, Washington

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 05:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender, maybe I was just cheery picking the info, it was a little confusing from one paragraph to another. You are a better man than I finding the true honest websites that are giving true reports. I have searched and didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from most of them. Some seemed to be copied from others, but hey, it is the internet.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 05:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildmanbaker wrote:

Reisender, maybe I was just cheery picking the info, it was a little confusing from one paragraph to another. You are a better man than I finding the true honest websites that are giving true reports. I have searched and didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from most of them. Some seemed to be copied from others, but hey, it is the internet.

That it is. European sales info seems to be less readily available in English. We spend at least some time in Europe almost every year. We have noticed the infrastructure getting more plentiful in some countries in the last few years. Portugal has been on a rest stop DCFC building spree as of late. But much of Europe is seeing lots of infrastructure development. We tend to rent small compact gas cars when we are there as we get off the beaten track a lot. Still, it is quite apparent at many of the rest stops in Germany and France and Holland. I don’t track it closely but read articles from time to time when there. I speak, read and write reasonably fluent Spanish, French and German (and a little Arabic) so its easier to keep up with the news there.

We haven’t been to Norway recently but I hear Electric vehicles are more the norm than the exception there. I think EV adaptation will be more regional here. Pretty high adaptation rate in my province and Quebec but slower in other provinces.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Interesting article: Tesla Semi Electric Motorhome.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.