RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Sad state of our National Parks-II

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

 > Sad state of our National Parks-II

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/07/19 08:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

Yosemite Sam has sure dropped all pretense of this being a "non-political" thread as he stated at the beginning. LOL


And it appears you yourself dropped pretentions to know the difference between political (democracy, dictatorship, fascism, etc.) and economic systems (capitalism, socialism, communism or total state ownership of the factors of production). And economic theories: Keynesian vs Reaganomics-Trickle Down-Voodoo economics (per Bush Sr).

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/07/19 09:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grodyman wrote:



Enjoy your democratic socialism, comrade:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/08/07/you-gotta-hear-what-happened-at-the-socialist-convention/


So what's your point, argument or thesis?

And please, Rush "Oxycontin" "Failed All College Subjects" Limbaugh again?

What does he know about economics?

Grodyman

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 06/04/2006

View Profile



Posted: 08/07/19 09:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Grodyman wrote:



Enjoy your democratic socialism, comrade:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/08/07/you-gotta-hear-what-happened-at-the-socialist-convention/


So what's your point, argument or thesis?

And please, Rush "Oxycontin" "Failed All College Subjects" Limbaugh again?

What does he know about economics?


Just watched the video again! Your comrades even oppress their own members! I thought it was a SNL skit, but it's real.....wow


2017 F150 CC/5.5' 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost/3.55
2018 Passport Ultra-Lite 153ML

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/07/19 10:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grodyman wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Grodyman wrote:



Enjoy your democratic socialism, comrade:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/08/07/you-gotta-hear-what-happened-at-the-socialist-convention/


So what's your point, argument or thesis?

And please, Rush "Oxycontin" "Failed All College Subjects" Limbaugh again?

What does he know about economics?


Just watched the video again! Your comrades even oppress their own members! I thought it was a SNL skit, but it's real.....wow


I'm still not sure if you've followed enough of the discussions so far to know -- or even understand -- that we nor anyone else discussed the domestic socialist party (which is political) as we've been on the subject of democratic socialism as an economic system modeled by Scandinavian and Northern European countries.

You might want to put your own ideas and input on the subject because no one here has shown Democratic socialist party membership or even leaning into voting for Bernie Sanders -- which is not even nearly relevant here.

And I bet nobody cares on what video you are watching -- Rush Limbaugh-supplied or whoever.

* This post was edited 08/07/19 10:55pm by Yosemite Sam1 *

JRscooby

Indepmo

Senior Member

Joined: 06/10/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/08/19 08:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:



Good for Cuba, though I cannot find any documentation that it actually happened. There were citations that cuba pledged 1000s of doctors for Syrian aid, but in actuality sent 256 along with 2 tons of medical supplies to settle a debt Cuba owed the Syrian government.
As for military spending, there is little correlation between military spending and military aggression. Iran and North Korea are both proven to be threats to regional stability in areas vital to the world's economy. It is in the interests of the US to keep both of those regimes in check. If that requires military presence in the strait of Hormuz and the Korean DMZ that is a price I feel is reasonable to pay.


Not sure I know about it to make a judgement about it, but I have read a few history books, I assume good translations, of Cuban history written by Cubans.
Is Iran a possible disruption to regional stability? Likely. Is it the only disrupter? NO! Is stability in the region in our national interest? Yes, but stability in the rest of the world is a good thing too. Are we defending "Democracy" in the area? I don't keep track of how often, but once in a while I hear of elections in Iran. Of course the US propaganda machine declares the elections can't be fair. (Tuesday less than 5% of the registered voters managed to increase the city taxes) OTOH, when was the last time you heard of any kind of election in Saudi Arabia? But we are selling weapons to SA so they can protect themselves from Iran. When was the last time Iran attacked us, not counting slapping the nose that was sniffing around them?
Cuba, 60 years after they declared their independence from USA, and we still can't make peace. The revolutionaries did not plan to be Communist, but the only countries that where will to risk the wrath of the US where the same countries that were already involved in a cold war with US.
If anybody could look at the world from POV of other countries, one of the most dangerous things a country can do is decide the local resources should benefit local people instead of US corporations.
If the corp. paid enough in taxes to pay for the military protection they demand there would be more money for other uses.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/08/19 10:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:


If anybody could look at the world from POV of other countries, one of the most dangerous things a country can do is decide the local resources should benefit local people instead of US corporations.
If the corp. paid enough in taxes to pay for the military protection they demand there would be more money for other uses.


Indeed, our Navy are patrolling China Sea, the Pacific, Atlantic, Straight of Hormuz, Persian Gulf, etc. is to keep those commercial sea lines open for the impeded flow of their goods.

pnichols

The Other California

Senior Member

Joined: 04/26/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/08/19 02:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now, one small step back towards the OP's topic: IMHO, I think something that could partially replace National Park/Lands camping that would be popular with some RV'ers for their vacations (as opposed to most folks living in their RVs for long periods) would be the availability of recreation drycamping on large private land-holdings with beautiful scenery and maybe on the edge of ponds, lakes, or rivers with say, a hundred yards or more, between camping sites.

ATV's, fishing, hiking, photography, bird watching, rockhounding, etc. would be allowed as available and appropriate. Checkout would be required so that before leaving, the camper would have to wait while the camping manager (or ranch owner) could have each vacated "boondock type" campsite inspected to make sure no trashing or tank dumping had occured. If the inspection showed that the campsite was left in good condition, a deposit would be returned to the camper at checkout time.

I guess this could be called "paid private land boondock camping". I'd be willing to pay hundreds of dollars per week for this kind of isolated, pristine, private camping ... maybe once or twice a year if and as I could budget for it. There may be a very few "dude ranch type" private RV camgrounds like this in the U.S. already, but I haven't yet researched it.


Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/08/19 09:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

Now, one small step back towards the OP's topic: IMHO, I think something that could partially replace National Park/Lands camping that would be popular with some RV'ers for their vacations (as opposed to most folks living in their RVs for long periods) would be the availability of recreation drycamping on large private land-holdings with beautiful scenery and maybe on the edge of ponds, lakes, or rivers with say, a hundred yards or more, between camping sites.

ATV's, fishing, hiking, photography, bird watching, rockhounding, etc. would be allowed as available and appropriate. Checkout would be required so that before leaving, the camper would have to wait while the camping manager (or ranch owner) could have each vacated "boondock type" campsite inspected to make sure no trashing or tank dumping had occured. If the inspection showed that the campsite was left in good condition, a deposit would be returned to the camper at checkout time.

I guess this could be called "paid private land boondock camping". I'd be willing to pay hundreds of dollars per week for this kind of isolated, pristine, private camping ... maybe once or twice a year if and as I could budget for it. There may be a very few "dude ranch type" private RV camgrounds like this in the U.S. already, but I haven't yet researched it.


It's actually a good idea but as one rancher said, it might not worth the damage or harm, like a fire, in can his property.

Some landowners do it but they have cabins and big hunting-game-trophy fees to make it worthwhile.

JRscooby

Indepmo

Senior Member

Joined: 06/10/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/09/19 04:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pnichols wrote:

Now, one small step back towards the OP's topic: IMHO, I think something that could partially replace National Park/Lands camping that would be popular with some RV'ers for their vacations (as opposed to most folks living in their RVs for long periods) would be the availability of recreation drycamping on large private land-holdings with beautiful scenery and maybe on the edge of ponds, lakes, or rivers with say, a hundred yards or more, between camping sites.

ATV's, fishing, hiking, photography, bird watching, rockhounding, etc. would be allowed as available and appropriate. Checkout would be required so that before leaving, the camper would have to wait while the camping manager (or ranch owner) could have each vacated "boondock type" campsite inspected to make sure no trashing or tank dumping had occured. If the inspection showed that the campsite was left in good condition, a deposit would be returned to the camper at checkout time.

I guess this could be called "paid private land boondock camping". I'd be willing to pay hundreds of dollars per week for this kind of isolated, pristine, private camping ... maybe once or twice a year if and as I could budget for it. There may be a very few "dude ranch type" private RV camgrounds like this in the U.S. already, but I haven't yet researched it.


I don't know of anything that would stop a landowner from doing this. But I take issue with the idea of privatizing any of the commons.

BillyBob Jim

US

Senior Member

Joined: 04/24/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/09/19 05:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

pnichols wrote:

Now, one small step back towards the OP's topic: IMHO, I think something that could partially replace National Park/Lands camping that would be popular with some RV'ers for their vacations (as opposed to most folks living in their RVs for long periods) would be the availability of recreation drycamping on large private land-holdings with beautiful scenery and maybe on the edge of ponds, lakes, or rivers with say, a hundred yards or more, between camping sites.

ATV's, fishing, hiking, photography, bird watching, rockhounding, etc. would be allowed as available and appropriate. Checkout would be required so that before leaving, the camper would have to wait while the camping manager (or ranch owner) could have each vacated "boondock type" campsite inspected to make sure no trashing or tank dumping had occured. If the inspection showed that the campsite was left in good condition, a deposit would be returned to the camper at checkout time.

I guess this could be called "paid private land boondock camping". I'd be willing to pay hundreds of dollars per week for this kind of isolated, pristine, private camping ... maybe once or twice a year if and as I could budget for it. There may be a very few "dude ranch type" private RV camgrounds like this in the U.S. already, but I haven't yet researched it.


I don't know of anything that would stop a landowner from doing this. But I take issue with the idea of privatizing any of the commons.


Not being economically viable possibly?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 20  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

 > Sad state of our National Parks-II
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS