RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Anyone have any knowledge about Shadow Cruisers?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Anyone have any knowledge about Shadow Cruisers?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
sgolembiewski0903

Casa Grande, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/19 04:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi ya'll... I'm hoping someone might be able to help me...

I am considering trading my 2005 28-foot (livable space) Keystone Cougar 5th wheel for my friend's 2010 Shadow Cruiser (looks like this https://images.app.goo.gl/xNqpDhxZ83NSTrXu9)(22 feet including the toungue). I like the small size of the Shadow Cruiser. ONLY PROBLEM IS: I can't find any reliable pricing information for the Shadow Cruiser, heck, it seems like these things are not very common at all!! I've looked all over Craigslist and a few other websites.

I have two concerns...:

1) It seems likes the Shadow Cruiser is an unpopular trailer, as opposed to my Keystone being a household name in the industry... am I crazy for considering this trade? Will finding people with parts/know-how-to-repair the Shadow Cruiser be extremely difficult?
2) I can easily sell my 5th wheel for $7-7.5K, I just want to make sure that I am making a fair trade with my friend, fair for both him and myself

bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/19 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like they are a division of Heartland RV.
shadow cruiser

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/19 06:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Six months ago we drove all over Florida looking for one . I believe that year in good shape would be priced 7K to 8K . The one I was looking for had a slide . Never found one but we bought a winnie Mini 20 footer . I got tired of dragging 30 feet of trailer around and only using 20 feet . Smaller sure works for us , we are travelers not campers !

sgolembiewski0903

Casa Grande, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/19 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingbob wrote:

Six months ago we drove all over Florida looking for one . I believe that year in good shape would be priced 7K to 8K . The one I was looking for had a slide . Never found one but we bought a winnie Mini 20 footer . I got tired of dragging 30 feet of trailer around and only using 20 feet . Smaller sure works for us , we are travelers not campers !

What about the Shadow Cruiser made you drive all over to find one? This one I'm trading for also has a slide.

Lwiddis

Morro Bay, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/19 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Shadow might be five years newer but it’s still ten years old and you know of any issues with the Keystone.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We liked the one or two that we got to see inside , liked white cabinets and the full time bed , plenty of room with or with out slide open , tandem axles . We had been pulling large trailers for 30 years and pulling 20 feet made ya feel like you were driving a ports car !
The first one we looked at had bubbles in front ' fiber glass '. The second had went to hell and back with Audie Murphey . We eventually stumbled on a Winnie Mini which was very similar .
We are not campers , we are travelers , move every day or two , never with plans or reservations , we make large multi-state circles of 12 to 20 days . Last nite a cow pasture in central Florida ,

LJAZ

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/19 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In 2010 CruiserRV was a small manufacturer offering 3 brands: Shadow Cruiser, Funfinder and Viewfinder. They were bought by Thor 5 or so years ago, so not the same company today. The Shadow Cruiser and Funfinder lines were essentially the same floor plans with the Funfinder having a slightly more 'upscale' trim. Because they were a small company they just didn't sell nearly as many trailers as the bigger companies like Keystone. They were still made from the same components other manufacturers used like Dometic, Suburban and Lippert so parts and repair know how won't be any different than any other trailer. I have a 2009 Funfinder and it's been pretty reliable and still going strong. I have had to replace the WFCO converter and Jensen radio/CD/DVD player but those are brands most of the manufacturers use as well. As for the value, I really have no idea though.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

ADK Camper

New york

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As LJAZ said Cruiser RV is no longer the small family-owned company it was back in 2010. Back then the company had a pretty good reputation. I have a 2011 FunFinder 210WBS. It has been a very good trailer for all these years. I had one rather significant sample defect, but I was able to fix it before it became a major problem. Quality wise I think this Shadow Cruiser may be a good choice for you.

As to its value you might call your inurance company and ask about its value. They insure campers and need to track their value to settle loss claims.

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 12:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've owned two Cruiser products -- both have been fine for our purposes. But I don't think that they are any more well-built than most other trailers. Some very credible folks have reported some problems with axles and with fit-and-finish issues. Others (like me) have been perfectly happy. That's how trailers are -- they are not built like trucks.

We have done a lot of slow-speed dirt-road towing with our two trailers. They have held up well to the punishment.

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

CA STORM

CALIFORNIA

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NADA wholesale is $6500 retail is $8800

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Anyone have any knowledge about Shadow Cruisers?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.