RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: RV lifestyle...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> RV lifestyle...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe it is just us, but we have never watched anyone set up their campsite, I guess we are just having too much fun enjoying our RVing lifestyle to notice what our neighbors are doing. No hate or excoriation here, but I never would have conceived it as a thing some like to do. I finally realized when on more than a dozen occasions we have had neighbors comment on how quickly and efficiently our set up process is.

No biggie as it is a nice icebreaker for meeting your camping neighbors, we have always had our 4 kids with us on those occasions and know they have their duties during set up before they can go run off and play. When it is just DW and I, we unhitch and stabilize our rig bringing out items as we need them, although I will usually take a few minutes to quickly set up HD satellite antenna.

stickdog

Somewhere, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

Why does how other people choose to set up their camp site or how long they spend doing it bother you? If they aren't infringing on your site or otherwise breaking the rules of the camp ground, why does it motivate a self proclaimed "Live and let live" guy to come on here and make fun of how they do things? It sounds like you are anything but a "Live and Let Live Guy". If they don't set up camp just like you and to your standards of camping etiquette, you think it's funny and feel it necessary to make a post on here about it. Why don't you walk over to them and tell them just how much comedic value you find in their set up and let them know you already went on line and posted about it. Then come back here and tell us all how well that went!

No more than an observation. I enjoyed the replies till yours but that's life.

9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
17 MS 36 RSSB3
Gone 04 HH DA LS 33.5 RLTG
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 09:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DarkSkySeeker wrote:

He did not say it bothered him. He said, "I just find it a little funny".

Sometimes what is said doesn't match the message that was conveyed.

If it didn't bother him, he likely wouldn't have posted about it.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/19 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sandia Man wrote:

No biggie as it is a nice icebreaker for meeting your camping neighbors...

I find campers the friendliest and kindest people on the planet. I always get offer of help should I arrive at my campsite late.

I offered help to a neighbor camper who'll be traveling the Yosemite roads out on snow with their 2wd truck and mine has the 4wd and full extraction tools. I gave my number to call should they get stuck. I got a call back to assure me that they are ok and made it to the highways.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/31/19 10:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Sometimes what is said doesn't match the message that was conveyed.

If it didn't bother him, he likely wouldn't have posted about it.

I feel flattered that you are talking about me instead of the subject that's supposed to be fun.

I just don't think you crystal ball is accurate though. Nothing bothers me that's not miserable or life-and-death. The observations of my friends is that I have an overflow of optimism and that I do find amusements on the mundane.

I shed friends who are wet blankets and surround myself with people with sense of humor.

I can't understand too why people find so much joy in being negative, full of hate and can't take out themselves from standing under their gloomy dark clouds.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 01:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

I feel flattered that you are talking about me instead of the subject that's supposed to be fun.

I just don't think you crystal ball is accurate though. Nothing bothers me that's not miserable or life-and-death. The observations of my friends is that I have an overflow of optimism and that I do find amusements on the mundane.

I shed friends who are wet blankets and surround myself with people with sense of humor.

I can't understand too why people find so much joy in being negative, full of hate and can't take out themselves from standing under their gloomy dark clouds.

No worries. It doesn't bother me that you want to pretend not to be bothered by it.

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 04:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Everyone is different - heck, even the trolls like different sized rocks to crawl out from.

The differences in the way people do things that they enjoy and their ability to do just that is what makes this country so awesome. Sometimes those things are funny, sometimes interesting - good fodder for discussion on an RV forum, and sometimes you can learn something new.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I tend to assume that those who have elaborate campsite setups, intend to stay for a while? Which sometimes makes them a good place to ask question about local attractions, etc?

Us? We travel in a cargo van now and are as minimalistic as can be.....LOL! A patio mat and a couple of bag chairs and we're good to go :-) If we're staying for a few days, we'll set up the "living room" (Clam Escape screen room)

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

You should have seen the last thread I OP’d. The patients took over the Mental Asylum by the 2nd post ..
I did.

FB has a column called RealClear Satire. You'd be amazed how many people do not know what Satire is.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/01/19 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

Everyone is different - heck, even the trolls like different sized rocks to crawl out from.

The differences in the way people do things that they enjoy and their ability to do just that is what makes this country so awesome. Sometimes those things are funny, sometimes interesting - good fodder for discussion on an RV forum, and sometimes you can learn something new.

Very well said.

In fact, I found out among the camp hosts that the set up of their campsites reflect their personalities.

Those who have elaborate ones with conversation pieces of their make-do lawns are willing to engage campfires on their camping knowledge, funny near mishaps and tips on tuck in off the beaten sights specially from those who have travelled extensively and on seasonal gigs (their excuse for longer stay than max regs for the campground).

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> RV lifestyle...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS