|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Water Filters

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/19 02:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's no secret that dogs will drink out of a pond or toilet or wherever. But will they drink out of those places if there's clean water right next to them? That's the question. I'm guessing that dogs will always choose the clean water. Whether it's from a Berkey or any other water filter system before they drink toilet or pond water.

If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made them out of Steak and Cheese.

Life is a lot like a baseball pitch. Sometimes you get a fast ball down the middle of the plate and sometimes you get a curve ball in the dirt.

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/19 02:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since this thread has gone to the dogs, I have to tell about my spoiled little pocket puggle in sig pic. She has never known what it is to be really thirsty, so is very picky with her water. At a friends house, she chased his much bigger dog all over the yard, (yes she is a little bully as well) till his dog was thirsty enough to go drink from the bird bath. He wanted to get a dish of water for her, and I said she won't drink tap water from a strange dish. He laughed got it anyway, nope she wouldn't drink it. She wants cold water from the fridge, preferably from a brita pitcher. She will drink ice cold water from my hand when needed.

I'll just say...only child/pet...you know how that goes!! [emoticon]

Jerry

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 02:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

It's no secret that dogs will drink out of a pond or toilet or wherever. But will they drink out of those places if there's clean water right next to them? That's the question. I'm guessing that dogs will always choose the clean water. Whether it's from a Berkey or any other water filter system before they drink toilet or pond water.

My dog would most definitely drink from the green pond instead of the fresh clean filtered water. She's not a dumb dog, but always without fail prefers the worst available water option around her. Strange...

I'm among those here that don't filter my RV water at all, but use bottled water for drinking and cooking. The RV tank water is for showering and cleaning. Oh, and the dog bowl.

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/19 04:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can relate Jerry. We had a cat...God Rest her Soul...that when we got take out fish fries, we had to give her some. She would wine and meow like crazy until she got her share. Then one time the place we always got our fish from was closed so we got it from another place. It was terrible. I ate two bites and threw it away. Our cat.....Put her nose to the dish, turned her head and walked away LOL Animals are smarter than we give them credit for.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 05:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have yet to see a dog that didn't like Stinky Anything.

TXiceman

Full Time RVer

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 11:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Home Depot whole house sediment filter, than a whole house carbon filter than an On The Go Water softener. Water is good everywhere now.

Ken

Amateur Radio Operator.
2013 HitchHiker 38RLRSB Champagne, toted with a 2012, F350, 6.7L PSD, Crewcab, dually. 3.73 axle, Full Time RVer.
Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 11:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CFerguson wrote:

I have yet to see a dog that didn't like Stinky Anything.
The thing about dogs is that their digestive system is very different than humans and can tolerate things humans can't. They can eat rancid meat and even their own poop. Try eating your own poop, lol!!

They will sometimes drink water out of a toilet because it's cooler, oxygenated from flushing and can have less bacteria than water that's been sitting in a dirty dish for a day or two. Anytime our dog has a sip out of our toilet, I still go eeewww that's digusting... Some humans have recently been reported as having no potable water provided and being forced to drink from toilets. Now that is disgusting.

Gil, Deb & Dougal a 15 year old Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, Reese DC WDH, shocks and Endurance LRE tires
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD crew cab, Bilstein shocks, heavy duty trailering option

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

Some humans have recently been reported as having no potable water provided and being forced to drink from toilets. Now that is disgusting.

Bad reporting. It's a combo toilet and drinking fountain. potable water is supplied to the unit, drinking fountain is on top.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/19 06:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

myredracer wrote:

Some humans have recently been reported as having no potable water provided and being forced to drink from toilets. Now that is disgusting.

Bad reporting. It's a combo toilet and drinking fountain. potable water is supplied to the unit, drinking fountain is on top.

Not just bad, it is the fake news media pushing their agenda. The sad part is people believe this stuff.

LittleBill

Scranton, PA USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/19 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use these in my stick house for about 6 years, i have a 10 micron in front of it, they last for at least 6-10 months depending on the amount of water we use.

Aquaboon 1-Micron Sediment Water Filter Cartridge, 4-Pack

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Water Filters
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS