RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Nose Piece Waxing/Cleaning Bugs Off

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Nose Piece Waxing/Cleaning Bugs Off

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/19 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Etstorm wrote:

Wet a dryer sheet, takes the bugs off and no harm to the finish

I've tried the dryer sheets. Lots of scrubbing still. It works but it doesn't help me reach the area I can't get to now.

If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made them out of Steak and Cheese.

Life is a lot like a baseball pitch. Sometimes you get a fast ball down the middle of the plate and sometimes you get a curve ball in the dirt.

Dennis M M

Winter in Tucson, AZ; summer on the road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/19 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No comment on reaching the top, but if you apply Rejex regularly the bugs will come off with a hose.

'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Dutchman did not invent that procedure. I figured that out also. [emoticon]

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/19 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

et2 wrote:

The brush in the kit reaches the top without any problem. No ladders required

https://www.amazon.com/Aero-Cosmetics-Wa........and+wax&qid=1564787302&s=gateway&sr=8-13

Thanks but I'm not spending $239 for a wash brush and some wax

You can buy that same telescoping brush at Walmart. Some have a hose attachment for the handle. Mine broke after a few uses/

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/19 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

et2 wrote:

The brush in the kit reaches the top without any problem. No ladders required

https://www.amazon.com/Aero-Cosmetics-Wa........and+wax&qid=1564787302&s=gateway&sr=8-13

Thanks but I'm not spending $239 for a wash brush and some wax

Yeah I choked on it too. Took two years before I gave in. Wished I'd done it much sooner. It's not just -some -wax. I really needed to do a waterless wash. We had the paint protection put on our MH when we bought it. It was a joke. I applied this waterless wash n wax and the coach looks awesome. What took me 4 hours the old way takes less than 2 with this.

Do some research on it and you'll hear what I'm telling you. The money I've spendt over a year or two the old way evens out or less with this system.

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

RobWNY wrote:

I can't reach the top of the nose piece of my 5th wheel to clean the bugs off sufficiently or wax it with my 8 foot step ladder. If I could get closer it wouldn't be a problem but because I'm not going to lean the ladder against the nose where I could damage it I'm having a difficult time reaching. Using a long brush to wash it works fine but not for the finer detailing of it. If I was younger, I would just climb up on the roof, lay down and reach over the front to do the part I can't reach. We don't have an RV detailer in my area and I wouldn't trust some kid to do a decent job either. I'm stumped! Do any of you have any suggestions?

Go to the linen closet and get two of the nicest and largest bath towels you can find, fold them and duct tape them to the ladder, then lean it against the cap.

Do not tell your wife you're taking them.

I do something similiar, but use an old blanket folded and then drapped over the top of a 8' step ladder and lay it against the front with most of the blanket between the ladder and the trailer to protect it from the ladder. Works great for reaching the top 1/3 of the trailer front especially for waxing and using an electric buffer after waxing. I tried using a 6' ladder, but the 8' works 10x better.

Larry

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Road Dog

Waukesha,WI

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try using 2 oven mitts over the end of the ladder. It works great on extension ladders. Use them all the time to wax the coach!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Nose Piece Waxing/Cleaning Bugs Off
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS