|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Quality of Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Cobra21

minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are alot of C's or campers out there with rubber roofs and most last longer than you think. Mine did, 26 years and I just re-coated it for the first time this year.
Brian

Tom_M

New Hope, MN

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Born Free was considered one of the best class C coaches but they are no longer in business. I purchased my 2005 24ft in 2010 and it has been great. If purchasing used, it is worth a look.

You may want to check Phoenix Cruiser. They have a one piece fiberglass roof which would diminish the chance for leaks.

https://www.phoenixusarv.com/

Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
Towing 2013 Smart Car

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When looking at used mh's quality at the build is a moot point. You want proof of how they were maintained. A lesser quality mh that was well maintained is far better than the best quality that wasn't.

As far as roof material - Bumpy has this thing that it has to be fiberglass - that's his criteria, it doesn't need to be yours. Plenty of TPO roofs out there for decades without issues. Nevermind the winnie fiberglass roofs have been known to peel back going down the road.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

As far as roof material - Bumpy has this thing that it has to be fiberglass - that's his criteria, it doesn't need to be yours. Plenty of TPO roofs out there for decades without issues. Nevermind the winnie fiberglass roofs have been known to peel back going down the road.

I would also consider TPO. just NOT rubber. and yes, those winnie roofs blow off at least once a week. [emoticon]
bumpy

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Nevermind the winnie fiberglass roofs have been known to peel back going down the road.

does that apply to the Class C roofs?
bumpy

gemsworld

Arizona West Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/19 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm on my third Winnebago and never had the roof leak, let alone blow off.

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/19 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

When looking at used mh's quality at the build is a moot point. You want proof of how they were maintained. A lesser quality mh that was well maintained is far better than the best quality that wasn't.

How can my (Winnebago) Itasca's Class C one piece fiberglass roof peel off when the vents, air conditioner, and TV antenna are mounted on the roof using bolts/screws that go all the way through to the coach ceiling and/or the aluminum framing inside the coach ceiling ... plus having roof caps on the front and rear of the one piece roof that are attached to the coach's vertical sidewalls?

IMHO, any RV roof construction method that does not consist of a single piece of fiberglass or consist of aircraft riveted aluminum panels - is used because it's cheaper for the RV builder.

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lets get real here folks. the OP was talking Thor vs. Winnie. a no brainer.
bumpy

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/19 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well I think the Laze Daze may put the Winnie to shame--so the OP should at least look.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/19 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Well I think the Laze Daze may put the Winnie to shame--so the OP should at least look.

agreed, but the original choice did not include LD.
bumpy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Quality of Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS