RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: State Park.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> State Park.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
kennyd63

Minooka, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/19 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before I make my reservation I would like to get the take on people which have been to Sang State Park near Springfield IL. Please let me know what you think about it.

Thank you all in advance! [emoticon]

2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/19 06:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you mean, Sangchris Lake State Recreation Area, IL? If so, I've never been there, but the on-line photos in Google search look awesome. We've been to a few state parks in Illinois. Never had a bad experience.

kennyd63

Minooka, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/19 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

Do you mean, Sangchris Lake State Recreation Area, IL? If so, I've never been there, but the on-line photos in Google search look awesome. We've been to a few state parks in Illinois. Never had a bad experience.

Yes, Sangchris. Thank you for your input.

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/19 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only state park in IL I was in recently had electric only. No sewer, no water. Interesting. Park was nice, tho. Chain-of-Lakes in Spring Grove, IL.

DLHarrison

Xenia

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 04:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife and I spent several days at the park several years ago returning from a trip out west. We stayed at the park when we visited the Lincoln Museums. Nice park - very quiet and well maintained.

tdiller

usa

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Illinois state parks are hit or miss as far as how nice they are. The older ones tend to be in need of some upkeep. I stayed at Lake Le-Aqu-na a few weeks ago and they will be shut down next year for repairs. Rock Cut near Rockford is pretty nice. I was at Illini and starved rock this weekend. Illini is small and tight for many bigger trailers. Starved rock is nicer and just 15 miles down the road. Depending on how far you want to drive if you are sightseeing near Springfield I stayed at the Army Corps of engineering Frank Bo woods campground about an huor form Springfiled Il. Full hookups. Most illinois state parks are electric only.

kennyd63

Minooka, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/19 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DLHarrison wrote:

My wife and I spent several days at the park several years ago returning from a trip out west. We stayed at the park when we visited the Lincoln Museums. Nice park - very quiet and well maintained.

Good to know, thank you.

kennyd63

Minooka, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tdiller wrote:

Illinois state parks are hit or miss as far as how nice they are. The older ones tend to be in need of some upkeep. I stayed at Lake Le-Aqu-na a few weeks ago and they will be shut down next year for repairs. Rock Cut near Rockford is pretty nice. I was at Illini and starved rock this weekend. Illini is small and tight for many bigger trailers. Starved rock is nicer and just 15 miles down the road. Depending on how far you want to drive if you are sightseeing near Springfield I stayed at the Army Corps of engineering Frank Bo woods campground about an huor form Springfiled Il. Full hookups. Most illinois state parks are electric only.
Thank you tdiller!, I will look into that.

kennyd63

Minooka, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LadyRVer wrote:

The only state park in IL I was in recently had electric only. No sewer, no water. Interesting. Park was nice, tho. Chain-of-Lakes in Spring Grove, IL.

Thank you for your input LadyRVer!

fdwt994

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tdiller wrote:

Just goes to show how subjective this can be. We stayed at Rock Cut a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty bad.

2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> State Park.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS