|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Financing question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Planning

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bobbyg123 wrote:

I'll avoid the lengthy upsell meeting on extended warranty, undercoating, additional overcharge, etc. [emoticon]

No you won't.

When the mouthpiece gets done with you they will herd you into the bean-counters office to complete paperwork, and you will still get the con game.

2016 AF 29-5K; 2016 F350 6.7, 4x4, CCLB DRW

Addy15

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought from a very small dealer. He did not deal with financing at all. (He also does not deal with all the extras like extended warranties, etc.) He did have a local bank that would do financing, but their options didn't fit our needs. We ended up going through our own credit union with no trouble at all. Only took a few days. They did have to coordinate some information with the dealer himself, so we just connected them with contact information and they took it from there.

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We secured a loan through our credit union and got an incredible rate, and told the finance person I don't want anything you have. But then, the dealer we chose actually does have an out the door price.
I don't mind paying for document fees, if the final price is what I was told. I refuse to pay the add on fees when I am given a price. I have walked out of showrooms in the past, and I kind of like doing it. [emoticon]

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

nickthehunter

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 06:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go online and find the best rate you can, someone mentioned light stream - a good choice, there are others. Chances are, the dealer can still beat it, but you got to have a good number then let them shoot it down. They have very good resources to beat just about anything you can get on your own.
As for the upsells, just say no, it's that easy.

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pay cash.

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/19 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went to our credit union and set it all up. Got the total amount needed from the dealer including tax etc. Credit union gave us a check for the total. Gave it to the dealer, done deal. 2.99% for 5 years.
B.O.

Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

stickdog

Somewhere, USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/19 10:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased our first 5er out of state but financed through our credit union. All we needed was a signed contract. We put 20percent down and paid taxes, title,Ang tags. CU gave us a check made out to the dealer and me. Drove 550 the next day and picked up the 5er the following day. Our present 5er we purchased sight unseen, the one in my sig. Due to an inheritance only difference was between asking price and value of trade-in.

9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
17 MS 36 RSSB3
Gone 04 HH DA LS 33.5 RLTG
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

big bird 2

La Crescenta, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 12:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The home equity loan is cheaper and may qualify for a tax deduction. But the best financing is you. Pay cash.

Big Bird 2

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BillyBob Jim wrote:

Pay cash.

when we got our "16" Redwood we didn't want to take that much out of the bank so we financed it for 4 years and paid it off in 2 years.. Between the large down payment, and the trade it was easy

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

big bird 2 wrote:

The home equity loan is cheaper and may qualify for a tax deduction. But the best financing is you. Pay cash.

Paying cash is always nice, but heres my take.

In the past 5years I have purchased two new vehicles , with some money down, trade-ins, and financed the rest. One loan was 1.69 percent interest the other 1.9. Wouldn't make much sense to use my money would it ????

Not sure what RV interest rates are these days,just depends on what your money can make, and what you have to pay back. Never been a fan of putting my home up for hock to buy toys ,vehicles or such that depreciate .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Financing question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS