|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm just a weekend camper that stays close to home here in southwest MN. I've never had anything stolen and I don't bother to lock anything. But,,,, I don't have anything worth stealing. If they walk into my camper and take my 7 year old 24 inch TV then they must need it worse then me.

The campgrounds I frequent always have someone at them and a park host stats at the campground. So no one is going to make off with my batteries or propane tanks without being seen.

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 07:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never anything stolen from a campground in MI. But rest stops always seem to have a few strange people hanging around for one thing or another. Years back I had a couple guys creep up to our fiver and dually when we had it. The dog alerted me to them and I turned and looked. They were coming up from the side and slightly behind me while sitting in the drivers seat waiting for my wife to come back from the restroom.

The dog barked at them and they turned around and walked away after I saw them. So now I always have an eyes looking everywhere. But we can use the on board bathroom now so no reason to leave the rig.

Our storage yard has had RV's and Travel trailers broken into more than once. Had a fiver at the dealer and the lot got ransacked one night. Tried to get into ours but must have gotten scared off, just damaged the lock

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 08:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

when the family was outside I took a big plate of pancakes down to them, thought they must not have enough to eat...

The kids were not looking for food in your cooler. [emoticon]

Likely right, but worth the cost of the pancakes to see kids faces, and bet dad had some questions...

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 09:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

gbopp wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

when the family was outside I took a big plate of pancakes down to them, thought they must not have enough to eat...

The kids were not looking for food in your cooler. [emoticon]

Likely right, but worth the cost of the pancakes to see kids faces, and bet dad had some questions...
Thats what I thought as well. It would of been fun to hear their parents conversation after you left.

lucy6194

Cape cod MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/19 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stay in military campgrounds. Gated community with armed guards??never had a problem

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/19 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

all you have to do is watch Live PD and see that druggies and thieves are everywhere. I have never had anything stolen and I have been from FL to WA to TX to all the Gulf states and never locked anything but my hitch head up. No, I have not been to the South West except for the Grand Canyon area, no problem there either.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ken56 wrote:

all you have to do is watch Live PD and see that druggies and thieves are everywhere.

Or don't watch, and continue to believe in the basic goodness of people. Do you think the drug companies would advertise ED drugs on a news cast that instead of reporting "2 people where shot by unidentified black males in Chicago" reported how many people in Chicago did not get shot?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS