|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Extended warranty

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
myredracer

Langley B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 09:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

Just bought a new 2019 TT..
Great! But what is it? I assume you got a good "last year" model price that cinched the deal?

Gil, Deb & Dougal a 15 year old Springer Spaniel
2014 KZ Spree 262RKS, Reese DC WDH, shocks and Endurance LRE tires
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD crew cab, Bilstein shocks, heavy duty trailering option

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 11:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

myredracer wrote:

MitchF150 wrote:

Just bought a new 2019 TT..
Great! But what is it? I assume you got a good "last year" model price that cinched the deal?

Yes I did.. It's a Rockwood 2511S. I posted it here a few days ago.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea........d/29935138/gotomsg/29942157.cfm#29942157

As far as the deal goes, for me, it was a great deal, but I'm sure someone would say they could get a better deal.. ha, ha..

In the end, I'm happy and I'm paying the bill, so that's all that counts! [emoticon]

I got more than triple the amount on my trade in alone than I thought I would get, so that all by itself made it a great deal! Now, I don't have to have total strangers call me and arrange for a visit to my house to look at my trailer and know where I live..

Lets just say I thought I'd only get around 2 grand trade for it...

In the end, it's parked next to my house right now, and for an old fart, I feel like a teenager getting the keys to the family car for the first time again!

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Long Answer: A warranty of any kind is only as good as the company issuing it. If you are unfamiliar with the kind of quality that RV companies build, you need to read some more.

Short Answer: no.

Qualified Answer: maybe, depending on who sold it to you. On our first TT (incidentally a Rockwood also) I had an electrical issue shortly after warranty expired (factory had OBVIOUSLY installed breaker in a very unsafe manner). My local independent small dealer fixed it without question and apologized for my trouble. So, again, it depends on the rep/honesty of who you are dealing with.

Omrod

Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/19 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unlike most of the other folks I got it and it has paid off. My first real TT was a North Trail and I had to replace both axles, at different times. It cost me a couple thousand plus a few other things that went wrong. Now I have a Salem Hemisphere and I got the extended (5 yrs.) warranty ($1,500) at the time of purchase. That unit is being repaired right now at a truck alignment shop with frame and spring issues. Total estimate is about $2,900 and the warranty company is paying $2,650. We also replaced the AC with the extended warranty that cost me fifty bucks. We put about 6,800 miles on the camper every year. So it has worked for us and it is nice to know we have it if something does happen.

Omrod
2015 Chevy Silverado HD
2016 F. R. Salem Hemisphere 312QBUD
Equal-i-zer Hitch

fdwt994

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/19 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Omrod wrote:

Unlike most of the other folks I got it and it has paid off. My first real TT was a North Trail and I had to replace both axles, at different times. It cost me a couple thousand plus a few other things that went wrong. Now I have a Salem Hemisphere and I got the extended (5 yrs.) warranty ($1,500) at the time of purchase. That unit is being repaired right now at a truck alignment shop with frame and spring issues. Total estimate is about $2,900 and the warranty company is paying $2,650. We also replaced the AC with the extended warranty that cost me fifty bucks. We put about 6,800 miles on the camper every year. So it has worked for us and it is nice to know we have it if something does happen.

I have the same unit, a couple years younger. Could you please expand on the frame and spring issues, as well as the A/C problem? Thank You

2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

Atlee

Mechanicsville, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/15/19 05:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For me, and extended "warranty" isn't necessarily a bad thing. If they worked like they are supposed to. I know some folks will say they are not worth it, that they owned their RV for X number of years and never had a problem. This is true, but I view an extended "warranty" as I would health insurance. If you never have to use the health insurance, was it a waste of money to have health insurance?

For me, the rub comes in for 2 reasons. 1) They are usually way over priced, a nice profit center for the selling dealer. 2) Almost all of the stories I've read on the various RV boards I frequent, indicate these "warranty" companies do every thing in their power to deny coverage.

That's why I would never pay for a 3rd party "warranty".

Erroll, Mary, Duffy the Dachshund (RIP)
www.thetravelingkoala.blogspot.com
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 23RB
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg

And Blue Ox WDH/Sway Control

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Extended warranty
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS