RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: RV toilet paper

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

 > RV toilet paper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

Senior Member

Joined: 07/04/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/11/19 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RV Toilet paper ... Well the rolls that cae with my house on wheels would have made good final pass sandpaper Toilet paper.. NO.

I currently use Prince & Spring (Boxed.com) Choice 2 is Scotts single ply Angle Soft is ok for the toilet but I'm politically opposed (All I will say about it since politics are prohibited) Quilted Charmin and Tetford do not do well in the tests for breakdown (they do not break down)

I perhaps over use TP being an old man
No problems to date with Prince & spring
Been using it for 4 years or so.


Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377


opnspaces

San Diego Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 12/22/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/11/19 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use whatever is on hand in the house when I need to refill the trailer. Typically it's the Kirkland brand but I would use Charmin if I had it.


1996 Suburban 4x4. 350, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

drsteve

Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/09/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/12/19 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Matt_Colie wrote:

Septic safe or not.....

If it does not break down in the jar test, don't even put it aboard.

Background Story:
My daughter put a wipe in the pot. First it jammed the valve in the pot, but somehow she got it loose and never said anything.

Then when dumping, the flow would not start. I got it started and I still didn't know about the wipe. At the next dump, the pipe was full because the slide valve was leaking for three days.

When I got the chance to back-flush the valve, the wipe (now a week or more old) still had enough strength to plug up the back-flush set.

I got the wipe free and now everything was working as it should. I showed the wipe to DW. She told me DD have brought those along and though she knew that they should not go into the pot.......

Matt


Are you talking about one of those baby wipe things?


2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

bigred1cav

ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 09/14/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 08/12/19 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I do not buy any of these

GEORGIA PACIFIC HOUSEHOLD

PAPER PRODUCTS TO AVOID



Angel Soft toilet paper

Quilted Northern toilet paper

Soft 'n Gentle toilet paper

Brawny paper towels

Dixie plates, bowls, napkins and cups

Mardi Gras napkins and towels

Sparkle napkins

Vanity fair napkins

Zee napkins





CFerguson

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 10/25/2018

View Profile



Posted: 08/13/19 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bigred1cav wrote:

I do not buy any of these....



Want to tell us why?

drsteve

Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/09/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/14/19 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bigred1cav wrote:

I do not buy any of these

GEORGIA PACIFIC HOUSEHOLD

PAPER PRODUCTS TO AVOID



Angel Soft toilet paper

Quilted Northern toilet paper

Soft 'n Gentle toilet paper

Brawny paper towels

Dixie plates, bowls, napkins and cups

Mardi Gras napkins and towels

Sparkle napkins

Vanity fair napkins

Zee napkins


But the discussion is about flushing them down your RV toilet. Only the first three should be flushed....

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

Senior Member

Joined: 06/16/2002

View Profile



Posted: 08/14/19 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A quick search shows Georgia-Pacific is on a list of companies that support right-wing causes and should be boycotted. I guess it does make sense that a discussion about toilet paper should morph straight into politics [emoticon].

Dave


Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36


ktmrfs

Portland, Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 06/22/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/14/19 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

parametric wrote:

Been using Costco Kirkland brand for years. It passed the 30 second in jar test and breaks down easily.


yup, same stuff as in the house. IIRC several years back costco monthly mag had a writeup on their TP showing it was as good or better than several brands of RV TP.

I use a macerator pump to dump at home with a short clear pipte to the macerator pump. what little TP I see coming down the pipe is pieces no bigger in diameter than a penny or so.


2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!


CFerguson

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 10/25/2018

View Profile



Posted: 08/14/19 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magicbus wrote:

A quick search shows Georgia-Pacific is on a list of companies that support right-wing causes and should be boycotted. I guess it does make sense that a discussion about toilet paper should morph straight into politics [emoticon].

Dave
^^^^^^^winna!^^^^^^^

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 10/09/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/15/19 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

Matt_Colie wrote:

Septic safe or not.....

If it does not break down in the jar test, don't even put it aboard.

Background Story:
My daughter put a wipe in the pot. First it jammed the valve in the pot, but somehow she got it loose and never said anything.

Then when dumping, the flow would not start. I got it started and I still didn't know about the wipe. At the next dump, the pipe was full because the slide valve was leaking for three days.

When I got the chance to back-flush the valve, the wipe (now a week or more old) still had enough strength to plug up the back-flush set.

I got the wipe free and now everything was working as it should. I showed the wipe to DW. She told me DD have brought those along and though she knew that they should not go into the pot.......

Matt


Are you talking about one of those baby wipe things?


I'm not at all sure what it was, but it was not regular TP of known type.

Matt


Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

 > RV toilet paper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS