|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> RV toilet paper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
SamanthaNichols

2046 Hillcrest Drive Tacoma, WA 98402

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/20 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We bought a house with a septic tank. We bought the TP they told us was septic safe. It is like the tissue paper used to package presents and felt like newspaper. I never realized how important TP was to the quality of my life until this happened. Depression ensued. Then, I found Scott Rapid-Dissolving, priced reasonably here. Our entire household waited with baited breath for the delivery. We were not disappointed. We still have some rolls of the old stuff left, but have already broken into the new package. It's soft, absorbent, and everyone is happy again! Depression lifted. Thank you for offering this here at a reasonable price. We'll continue buying as long as we have a septic tank and the price is reasonable.

Robert Clark

United State

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/20 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wanted to compare the two highest-ranked products that are Scott and Thetford, so I bought both. Scott is a softer tissue but they both seem to work equally good. As you can see there is a definite difference in size. Thetford is a larger roll. Price is very similar only a few cents difference so for the extra softness, I’ll by Scott again.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/20 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok everyone. Let me know how that quality 2 ply works in your tanks? And let me know if you’ve never had a plugged line.
The good quality 1ply and 2 ply will not break down fast of at all. When the time comes to dump that wad will plug the drain.
Cheap single ply would be the way to go if you don’t want to use RV paper. I’ve used RV paper since we started RVing and I’ve had no issues. I do have some cheap paper we bought when people were hoarding it and that’s all we could find. It dissolves/breaks up quickly so it should be OK in the holding tank.

I would never say use anything you would use at home. It’s just not all good for RV use!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/20 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only good thing I know of about RV TP is when all the shelves were empty there was plenty in the RV isle. I have been RVing for 50+ years and have never used it before and never had a sewer problem. I also have a septic system here and it also has never been a problem....

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/20 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Allworth wrote:

You do not have a septic system that processes waste!

The RV has a HOLDING tank.

Toilet paper brand and type is of absolutely NO importance and has NO impact on how a holding tank works or doesn't work. Plenty of water and frequent emptying and flushing with plenty of clean water ARE important.

Yes, my degree IS in Civil and Sanitary Engineering. A long time ago, maybe, but poop is still poop.

A

A degree in Civil and Sanitary Engineering, although recommended is not entirely necessary to determine the proper paper for your camper.
Common sense and a desire for a clean butt will probably suffice.
Come on folks, this ain't rocket science!

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/20 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never bought RV tp. Scotts is all i used. Worked in the cassette toilet in the pup, and that has less time to break down as its a way smaller holding tank and works just as well in the TT. No problems.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/20 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Less than 10% of T.P. is recycled !

Wishbone51

End of the Oregon Trail

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/20 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingbob wrote:

Less than 10% of T.P. is recycled !

I'll give you mine after I use it.

2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/15/20 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

Allworth wrote:

You do not have a septic system that processes waste!

The RV has a HOLDING tank.

Toilet paper brand and type is of absolutely NO importance and has NO impact on how a holding tank works or doesn't work. Plenty of water and frequent emptying and flushing with plenty of clean water ARE important.

Yes, my degree IS in Civil and Sanitary Engineering. A long time ago, maybe, but poop is still poop.

A

The campground may have a septic system.

So what? City folk are on sewers, country septic tanks, years and years. Again speaking just to speak .................... that of which we know nothing.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/20 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

Ok everyone. Let me know how that quality 2 ply works in your tanks? And let me know if you’ve never had a plugged line.
The good quality 1ply and 2 ply will not break down fast of at all. When the time comes to dump that wad will plug the drain.
Cheap single ply would be the way to go if you don’t want to use RV paper. I’ve used RV paper since we started RVing and I’ve had no issues. I do have some cheap paper we bought when people were hoarding it and that’s all we could find. It dissolves/breaks up quickly so it should be OK in the holding tank.

I would never say use anything you would use at home. It’s just not all good for RV use!

I disagree. I have been using Charmin for years. I does not break down and I have never ever had a problem with it clogging anything.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> RV toilet paper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.