|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> capital one credit card

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
njtony

indiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/06/19 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just had a long conversation with capital one about my permanent home address. They said I cannot use UPS store as my address. If I did not provide them with a building address they were going to cancel my credit cards. So I gave them the address of campground I am currently staying at. Anyone else have this problem?

rdhetrick

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep, I think it's a result of the Real-ID laws. I do most of my banking with Capital One, and I had to use something besides my mail service address.

2005/06 Mandalay 40E (Full Time)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Toad)

Lwiddis

Near USFS Glass Creek CG, Inyo County, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 07:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Careful who you “blame.”

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2019 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

njtony wrote:

Just had a long conversation with capital one about my permanent home address. They said I cannot use UPS store as my address. If I did not provide them with a building address they were going to cancel my credit cards. So I gave them the address of campground I am currently staying at. Anyone else have this problem?

With Capital One sloppy handling of your private info why than keep the card..

Plenty of other banks that will offer with a P.O. box address..

Ava

Vancouver Island. BC Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/06/19 10:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think I just heard about a data breach with Capital one. Something to check on.

Scottiemom

South Dakota/Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 05:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have a Cabelas Card and Cabelas switched to Capital One. I had to sign up with them, but I didn't have any trouble doing it. We fulltimer (15 years) and use Dakota Post in SD.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
Mom to Scottish Terrier, Duchess
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 05:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Capitol one card is registered to my PO box.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As someone who works at a bank managing compliance regulations, I deal with this all the time. Per the OCC and OFAC regulations banks are required to validate the customer's address is a physical address. This is not to be confused with a mailing address (account address) which can be a PO box. This is due to AML, antiterrorism, SDN, OFAC etc etc - compliance 8 ways of Sunday. So it's not the banks fault, it's the government - and rightfully so. In order to protect banks, their customers and the nation as a whole, every bank is required to "know your customer". This means validating where you live. If you have an older account and your physical address is listed a PO box, technically it's an OCC violation, but it's likely you are not deemed a high risk and thus fall lower on the priority list to update your profile and validate a physical address. Every bank is required to do this and it's a huge and costly initiative especially when dealing with older data when it wasn't required and now you have to go back and backfill. Most large banks like Cap 1 and the one I work have upwards to 30-50MM customers. It's a very large and expensive ordeal - not to mention bad customer experience. But in short, it's not the individual bank's fault.

* This post was edited 08/07/19 07:20am by way2roll *

Campfire Time

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

As someone who works at a bank managing compliance regulations, I deal with this all the time. Per the OCC and OFAC regulations banks are required to validate the customer's address is a physical address. This is not to be confused with a mailing address (account address) which can be a PO box. This is due to AML, antiterrorism, SDN, OFAC etc etc - compliance 8 ways of Sunday. So it's not the banks fault, it's the government - and rightfully so. In order to protect banks, their customers and the nation as a whole, every bank is required to "know your customer". This means validating where you live. If you have an older account and your physical address is listed a PO box, technically it's an OCC violation, but it's likely you are not deemed a high risk and thus fall lower on the priority list to update your profile and validate a physical address. Every bank is required to do this and it's a huge and costly initiative especially when dealing with older data when it wasn't required and now you have to back and backfill. Most banks like Cap 1 and the one I work have upwards to 30-50MM customers. It's a very large and expensive ordeal - not to mention bad customer experience. But in short, it's not the individual bank's fault.

X2, this is all correct. I'm in IT and worked for a bank for over 9 years until they got bought out. I really hate Capital One, had them for a long time until their customer service dept. allowed a PIN to be set on our card without proper verification. That said, don't blame the messenger (Capital One).

Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid, 2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71

Campfire Time

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Double post. Sorry. Stupid "Service Unavailable" again.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> capital one credit card
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS