RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Are these stickers needed??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Are these stickers needed??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
CFerguson

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always remove all advertisements and the "required" stickers. The ones that may have some possible utility value, I paste back onto the inside of the pass thru door. And they can KMA if they don't like it. Like dodge guy said 'it fell off' if push comes to shove.

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PNW_Steve wrote:

One word of warning. I have stayed in at least three RV parks that you have an RVIA placard on your rigs to stay there.

I wonder if that type of rule was adopted to discourage home built and school bus conversions. Have you had somebody come out to your commercially manufactured rig and actually look for the stickers?

1996 Suburban 4x4. 350, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

Twistedlarch

Cottage Grove, OR.

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 06:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ZINGERLITE wrote:

myredracer wrote:

Twistedlarch wrote:

Any need for the "Certified Green by TRA" and "RVIA" stickers on the side of my trailer? They both have ID #'s on them.

I usually remove any decals and pin striping from my vehicles and now my trailer. I prefer the clean and advertisement free look.

Thanks
Brian
Is there an easy way of getting rid of the "ghosting" after removing decals? I removed the name of our dealer they stuck on our TT. 4+ years later I can still see the outline of the letters.

Only reason to leave them on would be if you ever wanted to sell it into Canada which I would guess unlikely...

Are you thinking of removing the graphics too? Ours are starting to deteriorate slightly in a few spots at the edges due to shrinkage of the vinyl. I've seen a few RVs with graphics removed but it doesn't seem to look right without them. I wish I could remove ours because I know they're just going to get worse over time. We could have ordered painted on graphics when we ordered our TT at the dealer but we didn't want to spend the $$ at the time. Kinda wish we did now.

I used WD40 and a blue shop towel. took the residue right off my aluminum sided trailer.

I've removed everything except for the trailer tow/weight info.

Goo gone and Goof off worked well for me for removing the residue. I would test it on an out off site area first.

Brian

Twistedlarch

Cottage Grove, OR.

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/19 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PNW_Steve wrote:

One word of warning. I have stayed in at least three RV parks that you have an RVIA placard on your rigs to stay there.

That right there is what I am worried about.

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/08/19 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Twistedlarch wrote:

PNW_Steve wrote:

I built a cargo trailer conversion, traveled all over the US, and never had a problem with not having any type of official sticker. No one ever asked. But we never stayed in any hoity-toity campgrounds, either.

Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/19 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GrandpaKip wrote:

Twistedlarch wrote:

PNW_Steve wrote:

I built a cargo trailer conversion, traveled all over the US, and never had a problem with not having any type of official sticker. No one ever asked. But we never stayed in any hoity-toity campgrounds, either.

Hoity Toity campgrounds LOL?

We host off and on at a nice State Park. No one gives a flying **** what sticker you have on your trailer, what sticker you removed, or what is certified what by who. Don't put your garbage in the fire ring when you leave, pick up your dog poop, and quiet time starts at 9 PM by the rule book. Psssssssst.... were not going to push that 9PM too much unless you're a juvenile delinquent, just the same as the no alcohol rule, just be an Adult.

If someone wants to sleep in a fold up Harbor Freight utility trailer topped with a blue trap and no trumped up RVIA decal more power to them.

Our Keystone TT we had a few years back, that almost went up in flames due to shore power connections left loose by the factory, had one of those RVIA stickers. They don't mean a whole lot.

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/19 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I remember right (not always possible), there was a campground in Myrtle Beach that was very selective about who could stay there. Also along the Fla. Gulf coast.
State parks, COE campgrounds, and KOAs were never a problem.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/09/19 10:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is this like cutting the 'do not remove under penalty of law' tag off a mattress or pillow? [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

Is this like cutting the 'do not remove under penalty of law' tag off a mattress or pillow? [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

It is.........exactly.

And while were at it.

[image]

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/19 01:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVIA sticker indicates compliance with a multitude of requirements all rolled up in a set of rules established by the RVIA. It could be possible to run into a situation where registering or operating the vehicle or trailer as an RV is impossible without the sticker. Quite possible dealers would not take it in trade with the RVIA sticker missing, and knowledgeable potential buyers would walk away if the sticker were missing.

I do not know if border crossings (US/Canada) would be an issue, but a missing sticker would probably make a cross border sale impossible.

A campground requiring an RVIA sticker is simply trying to eliminate school bus, and cargo trailer conversions (which look like **** anyhow), and is a simple foolproof way of doing this.

An RV in Canada that is missing the "Meets all Federal Safety requirements................" sticker would be impossible to import into the US, as this certification sticker is mandatory for importing into the US. This same sticker will have a statement about meeting Canadian requirements, and again, missing, makes cross border sales impossible.

Charles

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Are these stickers needed??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS