RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Pet Stop: Yipping little dogs!! Ugh!!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> Yipping little dogs!! Ugh!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Y-Guy

Tri-Cities, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/19 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always believe in addressing the problem first hand, first. If that fails, and honestly it normally does, I will talk with the campground owner and let them know the situation, how I tried to address it and a few times I've used my phone to record the non-stop yapping. Yes the owners will probably give you the evil eye after they get talked to, but you did give them a try.

We had a Golden "retriever" that was a great dog, except we could not get her to stop barking. Classes, fail. Anti-barking devices, fail. We couldn't take her camping. That was sad, but the only thing we could do.

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2011 Jeep Wrangler

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/19 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

Contact the CG hosts or Rangers. Yapping dogs are not allowed....

I had to laugh at this. How in the world could you possibly know what the campground rules are where the OP is camped?

However, your point is well taken and correct! Regardless of whatever the rules are any disruptive behavior should not have to tollerated by others. A nice, friendly chat with the neighbors should be first, then a complaint to the management. However, sometimes it is just better to live and let live if the annoyance is not worth the potential confrontation.

ItsyRV

Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/19 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is no need to speak with the person as I'm sure they know fully well their yappy dogs are an annoyance. Go right to whomever is incharge and complain. Let's be real here, does anyone really think the owners don't know or haven't been told before their dogs are a nuisance? Odds are they just don't care!

1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/19 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My opinion is that dog owners are responsible for keeping their dogs from being a nuisance in any way and that includes excessive barking. So, perfectly within your rights to complain or ask them to stop the barking or move. How would they like it if you stood near them and barked, screeched, talked very loudly or with a loud radio. No difference in my opinion.

Jayco-noslide

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/19 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ItsyRV wrote:

There is no need to speak with the person as I'm sure they know fully well their yappy dogs are an annoyance. Go right to whomever is incharge and complain. Let's be real here, does anyone really think the owners don't know or haven't been told before their dogs are a nuisance? Odds are they just don't care!

Of course they know their dogs are barking. And they probably don't care. But the first step is to have a friendly chat. You may hear, " I am so sorry I did not realize they were bothering you. I will keep them quieter." Or you may hear, "I rented this site and really don't care if they bother you. If you don't like it move to another site." What is wrong with being friendly?

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/19 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I had to laugh at this. How in the world could you possibly know what the campground rules are where the OP is camped?"

Seriously? [emoticon]

Having never been to any campground where barking/yappy dogs were permitted I assume it was not permitted where the OP was. [emoticon]

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/19 07:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IAMICHABOD wrote:

I found that This works when everything else fails.

They get cheaper every year - and yes, they WORK. Best part is that no one knows you are tormenting their little darlings (evil grin)

BillyBob Jim

US

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/19 03:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

"I had to laugh at this. How in the world could you possibly know what the campground rules are where the OP is camped?"

Seriously? [emoticon]

Having never been to any campground where barking/yappy dogs were permitted I assume it was not permitted where the OP was. [emoticon]

Somewhere there has to be a campground with a rule worded something like..............Quiet dogs that do not disturb the peaceful camping experience of others are strictly prohibited. [emoticon] [emoticon]

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/19 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

Seriously? [emoticon]

Jees! Lighten up! It was a play on words. And if had read the rest of my post you would realize I was in complete agreement with the poster. Maybe a size larger underwear could help, too!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  General Topics

> Yipping little dogs!! Ugh!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS