|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Spare Tire question- doesnt match our new TT tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/19 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing to worry about. Nothing to be upset about. they gave you a better tire. Go with it. Its a trailer, not a car, or truck. It don't care what is on it, as long as it is close. trailers don't even care if one is radial, and one is bias. It's just a nonissue

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/19 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

just my .02cts you should worry more about the carlisle tires , they don,t have a very good rep.
Carlisle makes six different lines of trailer tires.
If the OP has the Radial Trail HD they have a good rep going for several years. The other I don't know.

https://www.carlislebrandtires.com/our-products/high-speed-trailer-wheels

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

cougar28

Lowell,AR USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/19 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Will not hurt a thing.If it was mine I wouldn't worry a bit about it.Really come down to you.If it worries you have them get you the matching tire.

2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/18/19 07:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with the Endurance being a better tire, however, I would want all running tires the same tread, and load range. If you have a flat and have it repaired, I would then use the repaired tire for the spare. If you keep the GYE, you would lose that option.

My opinion, keep all 5 tires the same, have them get the right spare for you.

Jerry

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/19 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

op wrote:

Am I worrying over nothing?

JMO but your worrying over a non issue.
Having owned as many as eight trailers at a time (non rv) with five on the road daily (28 tires on the road) many never had the same tire brand or size or load range spare tire. However they were all close to the same diameter and load capacity.
The only down side I found was in a different tread pattern...or load range....or tire diameter on the same axle could cause uneven braking on that axle especially on wet pavement. Usually causing one tire to lose traction.
When I buy new tires for a tandem axle trailer I buy 4.....or 6 for my triaxle trailers. JMO but buying a new tire that may never see the road was a waste of my hard earned money.

I use LT tires so most trailers spare tires saw little road use. I look at a spare as a tire to get me back on the road to the nearest tire dealer to fix or replace the flat tire.

The Endurance and Carlisle HD both are new tires from their MFG and have been out just over two years. Both seem to have about the same service record (good) so I wouldn't say one in better than the other.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/19 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

op wrote:

Am I worrying over nothing?

JMO but your worrying over a non issue.
Having owned as many as eight trailers at a time (non rv) with five on the road daily (28 tires on the road) many never had the same tire brand or size or load range spare tire. However they were all close to the same diameter and load capacity.
The only down side I found was in a different tread pattern...or load range....or tire diameter on the same axle could cause uneven braking on that axle especially on wet pavement. Usually causing one tire to lose traction.
When I buy new tires for a tandem axle trailer I buy 4.....or 6 for my triaxle trailers. JMO but buying a new tire that may never see the road was a waste of my hard earned money.

I use LT tires so most trailers spare tires saw little road use. I look at a spare as a tire to get me back on the road to the nearest tire dealer to fix or replace the flat tire.

The Endurance and Carlisle HD both are new tires from their MFG and have been out just over two years. Both seem to have about the same service record (good) so I wouldn't say one in better than the other.

We need a LIKE button.

allen8106

Burrton. KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/19 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Personally I would ask them to put all Endurance on and remove the Carlisle, just my humble opinion.

2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 51

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/19 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

allen8106 wrote:

Personally I would ask them to put all Endurance on and remove the Carlisle, just my humble opinion.

Like personally for free or for the upcharge to Endurance tires?

03 Arctic Fox 860
07 Dodge 2500 deezul
"Obviously I don't want to overload my truck and be unsafe, but the reality is the truck is way more capable than the 10K GVWR they put on the sticker.
KJ"

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/19 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm in the 'don't worry about it' camp.

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/19 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To the OP, this is 1000% not an issue if the tire is the same size. and you actually get 1 tire that is purportedly of better quality than the other 4.
It's some of the fickle responses on here that make customer service a challenge....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Spare Tire question- doesnt match our new TT tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS