RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Escapees?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Escapees?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/19 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are looking for the campground discounts only, not worth joining. We belong because of all the many other benefits, groups, unique rally’s, etc. the new programs called “Hangouts” just started this year all previous and future scheduled ones have sold out. The newest one in TX sold out in 5 hours. I know this because we got the last slot. Many other benefits and discounts plus information and lobbying for RV interests. Well worth supporting.

They also offer a veteran discount I have never bothered to get because I believe in what they do and don’t mind supporting them. We met Kay Peterson, the cofounder, years ago and loved her at first sight. Unfortunately she has left us but her legacy lives on.

George & Lesley
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude Plus toad, Demco/SMI towing system

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 08/19/19 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been members for 17 years plus the mail service. Excellent outfit, but if looking for campground discounts only, probably not worth it.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/19/19 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As said, the thousand or so campground discounts (15% with a few 50%) alone is probably not worth the dues cost, but the overall package is more than worth it. Beyond the discount parks, there's also the club owned parks and member owned co-op parks, both with very reasonable rates, plus the excellent magazine and the other available services such as mail forwarding and roadside service also at reasonable rates. And the topper is the Escapees non-profit CARE (Continuing Assistance for Retired Escapees) center that offers specialized facilities near Livingston, TX to assist fulltimers with illness or injury recovery either short term or long term as needed. No other RV club offers anything like it that I'm aware of.

Escapees C.A.R.E.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/19 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

As said, the thousand or so campground discounts (15% with a few 50%) alone is probably not worth the dues cost, but the overall package is more than worth it. Beyond the discount parks, there's also the club owned parks and member owned co-op parks, both with very reasonable rates, plus the excellent magazine and the other available services such as mail forwarding and roadside service also at reasonable rates. And the topper is the Escapees non-profit CARE (Continuing Assistance for Retired Escapees) center that offers specialized facilities near Livingston, TX to assist fulltimers with illness or injury recovery either short term or long term as needed. No other RV club offers anything like it that I'm aware of.

Escapees C.A.R.E.

When we fulltimed that was our backup plan.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/19 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I joined the day before yesterday and got my signin info yesterday.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Escapees?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS